Basketball

Johnny Carson Whit

Anyone on here into this?

I've made an effort to get into it over the last week or so and although I've never watched it before it is quite a good sport to watch. The NCAA college basketball tournament has been shown live on ESPN America over the last few days. Coverage starts today at 4pm. The Northern Iowa vs Kansas game last night was an excellent watch.

I watch basketball occasionally, JCW. Unfortunately my state's professional team hasn't been very good since the franchise started, and it's definitely a funner sport to watch if you've got a winning team! :) March Madness is going on now, like you said, and it's all college. People get very into it here, filling out their 'brackets' of who's going to make it to the Final Four. Do you guys have anything similar to basketball in the UK?

Do you guys have anything similar to basketball in the UK?

As far as I know, there doesnt seem to be a big scene like there obviously is in the states, there is certainly no coverage of UK leagues whatsoever on any of the sports channels. There are amateur teams and leagues throughout the country though.

The College sports scene seems to be huge in the states huh? Was watching it yesterday and there was a full stadium of people watching college students. Looking forward to the coverage today, I enjoyed watching it yesterday, it's a pretty simple, fast sport to get into.

I was just rooting for whichever team were losing to see if they could catch up:lol::)

Yep, college sports are really popular here! Basketball, football, hockey, you name it. Maybe it's the fact that sports are so popular here and people will watch anything they can, pro or not, or that some of these players are really good and will hopefully be moving on to a pro team.

My state's college team (MN Gophers) lost the other day so they are out of the tournament unfortunately. Now I'm just rooting for whoever can beat the guys who beat us! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, its nice to see that someone likes basketball here :) I play basketball myself and I love it, its probably the only thing I love more than books :P

Do you guys watch NBA? it's the playoffs now, and there's a lot of action right now. You should watch it and see how good they are

I'm watching it, my Lakers went out pretty quickly, but I guess they went tired of winning :D

Anyway its always exiting, regardless of the teams :)