Kat's Reading 2006

Lilywhite

Due to the peace and quiet I was able to read the Take in two sittings. Quite a good read, not her best but still a good read.

Started on The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer last night, so far in it's not as horrible as the first book and it's good to see things looking up for him.

Kat

:catlove:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer. What a heartbreaking story, I'm so glad that it all seems ok for him now. It's a fantastic set of books that really makes you think and I love that in a book.

I did the eeny meeny miny mo thing again and picked up Torey Hayden - One Child.

Kat

it's great Tiger, it's the sequel to A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer and it's his life story about being badly abused by his mother and how he got away. Very powerful and a very moving story. Not one to read without the tissues.....

Kat

I'm about half way through One Child by Torey Hayden and I'm really enjoying it. Torey Hayden works as a special needs teacher and has put a few of her cases into books. This one is about a six year old girl with extreme disruptive and violent tendencies, and Torey's challenge in getting through to her.

A brilliant book, and a real eye opener into the psychology of children.

Kat

I finished One Child today, it does have a very emotional ending but it's a good one at least. A brilliant story made all the more emotional by the fact that it's true.

I have a couple more of Torey Hayden to read in the future and I'm looking forward to them all the more now.

Not sure what I'll read next, we'll see where the day takes me.

Kat

I started and finished Tigers Child by Torey Hayden today, it's the follow up to one child. It answers you questions about the main two characters and ends the whole story on a high note. A great read, especially if you enjoyed One Child previously.

Kat

I've started reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. Only a couple of chapters in because of other engagements (football)

I'm really enjoying it though, it's very well written and it's one of those books that doesn't take much to get you lost in it's story.

Kat

I've started reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. Only a couple of chapters in because of other engagements (football)

I'm really enjoying it though, it's very well written and it's one of those books that doesn't take much to get you lost in it's story.

Kat

I just read this recntly & loved it so much that I've lent it to my sister (who doesn't usually read) as I think she'll love it too. It reads at such a sedate pace but is absolutely gorgeous. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :D

I'm still reading Memoirs of a Geisha. I feel like I've been reading it a while but not getting through the pages. It's quite deceptive in its size lol.

Still loving it though, I'm completely absorbed.

Finished Memoirs of a Geisha this evening, this has got to be a contender for my favourite book, not just this year but overall. It's just a lovely story told so well that you really feel everything she goes through.

Now I just have to figure out what to follow that one up with lol

Finished Memoirs of a Geisha this evening, this has got to be a contender for my favourite book, not just this year but overall. It's just a lovely story told so well that you really feel everything she goes through.

I really enjoyed that one myself. Glad you liked it so much!

I did the same. I'm actually waiting on another book via RISI - Geisha by Liza Dalby - as the subject now fascinates me...

I started reading Chocolat by Joanne Harris yesterday. What a great book, loving how descriptive she is. (also having to read with the book away from me to stop my mouth watering all over it..... mmmm lovely chocs :D )