Kat's Reading 2006

Lilywhite

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the Tess Gerritsen book, i'm keeping an eye out for more.

I started the Gormenghast Trilogy but found it quite difficult to read, it takes a lot more attention than I have right now.

I picked up Patricia Cornwell instead, cruel & unusual. I'm really enjoying it so far. Some parts I feel like I read this book before even though I know I haven't, because it's very similar to her fist couple of books. Other than that a great read.

Kat

:catlove:

Ooh, I LOVED Night Watch! Have you read the other City Watch Discworld books, Kat? You can read it without having read theothers, but it'll make more sense if you've read them first & you'll get all the little "in-jokes" Mr Pratchett likes to sprinkle liberally through his books. Enjoy!

I will have to look out for those Kell, I only pick Pratchett up as and when I see them, which isn't very often in my library lol

I'm all new to the discworld and the world of Pratchett having only picked up my first book this year, but I'm fast becoming a huge fan.

Kat

Well, if you fancy going back to the rest of the City Watch books later on, you should go for them in this order:

Guards! Guards!

Men at Arms

Feet of Clay

They'll give you a good grounding in the Watch background. You can then follow on with:

Maskerade (they show up in that one, though it's not technically about them per se)

Jingo

The Fifth Elephant

Monstrous Regiment (again, just a cameo, but such a good one!)

Thud! (the most recent one which is definitely a Watch book).

Hope you enjoy them all as much as I do!

Thanks for that Kell, I found it difficult to find his books in order so I now just read what I can find.

I may have just been to the library so my 'to be read' pile has just gotten a lot larger :D:):D not to mention Read It Swap It..... nobody said it was addictive..... anybody know where RISI ANON is?? (and id there a computer terminal near by to check the latest books) It's that bad i had two deliveries of post this morning!!!!

It's a good job its getting lighter out now, more daylight reading hours lol

Kat

it should be fine as long as the postman doesn't quit :D , I might actually have to go out and physically find books then..... oh no :shock:

Just finished Kathy Lette - How to kill your husband.

I really enjoyed this one (can you tell by the reading it all in one sitting??) and in usual Kathy Lette style, it had me girly-giggling away to jokes that the other half just didn't get, no matter how much I explained. :D

A great girly read and highly recommended.

Kat

Just finished Kathy Lette - How to kill your husband.

I really enjoyed this one (can you tell by the reading it all in one sitting??) and in usual Kathy Lette style, it had me girly-giggling away to jokes that the other half just didn't get, no matter how much I explained. :D

Kat

I just love the title of this book, I am going to have to read it for that alone!

Just finished Tess Gerritsen - The Surgeon

I didn't enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed the Apprentice but it was still a good read none the less. I like the actual plot of the books but I don't like the 'only female cop on the entire force, so i got to have an attitude' kind of characters. When the lead cop isn't moaning about being female it's a great book.

I may just read Vanish next....

kat

I finished reading Vanish today by Tess Gerritsen and I think I've found my favourite so far. An absolutley brilliant read. I still have the 'after book haze' where i've finished reading a book but I've been so engrossed I have to adjust back to the real world :D

Highly recommended.

I started reading Dave Pelzer's - A Child Called 'It' this afternoon as it was just sat looking at me from the table.

So far, an amazing story but not one for the faint hearted. You really feel for this boy and want to read on but a few times I had to put this one down to compose myself again.

Kat

I had to have a break between the first two of his books and I still haven't got round to reading the third.

It's fascinating to read the life of someone like him, who has endured all of what he has and still stands strong but it does take alot out of you at the same time.

I did finish it in the end, and it's a great story although it is pretty harrowing. I think I will read the next ones to see how his life turns out.

Started reading Stephen King - From a Buick 8

I started reading this one last year and never got round to finishing it, so I started it again (because I forgot how it goes lol)

Kat

I've only read the 1st Dave pelzer book, but I have the 2nd & 3rd ones waiting to be read once I'm in the right mood to cope with them as the 1st one was very, very good... but very, very harrowing,

I finished From a Buick 8 tonight, it was ok, well written and with Stephen King in general but i found he went a bit too sci-fi in the end instead of horror. He did the same thing with dreamcatcher and it kinda ruined the end of the story.

I still found it a good read though, just not my kind of story.

not sure what I will read next....

kat

I haven't had any time to read the past few days :D as we had guests staying over and I thought it a bit too rude to sneak off with my book at the first chance lol

Anyway, my boyfriend is going away this afternoon for a long weekend so it looks like I might be able to squeeze in a few hours reading :)

I managed to get Martina Cole - The Take from the library finally so I think that will be first.

Hooray for Bank Holidays

:D

Kat