Book needed

Hi I am a 15 year old girl and i am looking for some action/adventure/ thrillers to read instead of all thes girly chick lit novels. i am looking for something for teenagers or young adults not really anything too adult.

Have you tried the Skullduggery Pleasant books by Derek Landy not exactly a thriller but definitely not chick lit and very funny as well...otherwise what abou the Kelley Armstrong series Chloe Saunders the forst one is The Awakening they are aimed at young adults but i enjoyed them too.

hope this helps

There's the House Of Night series by P.C. & Kristin Cast, they start with Marked. There's also L.J. Smith who writes lots of YA books, such as The Vampire Diaries and the Night World series. There are lots of threads about good YA books in the YA section, if you go and have a browse around the threads in there, you're bound to find a few things that interest you :smile2:

James Patterson's 'Maximum Ride' series (you can find a list of them here ~ 4th block down) started off really well, but I haven't read the later ones. He does pretty good action thrillers, so they might be worth a look.

Phillip Pulman's 'His Dark Materials Trilogy' (3rd block down) I can always recommend, a brilliant trio of books with more action adventure than you could shake a stick at. :smile2:

Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching series, 'The Wee Free Men', 'A Hat Full Of Sky' and 'Wintersmith', are just wonderful and well worth a read. He has a 4th in the series coming out this year, 'I Shall Wear Midnight'.

I hope you find a good read for yourself soon, and you must come and tell us what you have been reading! :lol:

Edited by Chrissy
Removed a suggestion!

Tamora Pierce

Circle of Magic quartet; The Magic in the Weaving(Sandry's Book), Power in the Storm, (Tris's Book), The Healing Vine(Briar's Book), The Fire in the Forging(Daja's Book)

Circle Opens quartet; Magic Steps, Street Magic, Coldfire, Shatterglass

Circle reforged; The Will of the Empress

Mercedes Lackey

Owl series; Owlflight, Owlsight, Owlknight

The Last Herald Mage; Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, Magic's Price

The Diana Tregarde Investigations; Burning Water, Children of the Night, Jinx High

Valdemar novels

Rick Riordan

Percy jackson series starting with Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief

Edited by Kreader

I'd recommend both the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz and the Young Bond series by Charlie Higson. Excellent action spy thrillers.

Alex Rider:

1. Stormbreaker

2. Point Blanc

3. Skeleton Key

4. Eagle Strike

5. Scorpia

6. Ark Angel

7. Snakehead

8. Crocodile Tears

Young Bond:

1. Silverfin

2. Blood Fever

3. Double or Die

4. Hurricane Gold

5. By Royal Command

Another vote for Jonathan Stroud's 'Bartimaeous' trilogy and Terry Pratchett's 'Tiffany Aching' books .. also Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl books.

And 'The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie' by Alan Bradley ... which is a Flavia de Luce mystery (though it's a book written for adults .. Flavia is a 11 year old girl who likes solving mysteries) .. very funny and a good read.

'Stardust' by Neil Gaiman is not too adult and is a great read. There's also Neil's 'The Graveyard Book' . also great.

Another vote for the Artemis Fowl series. But only the first 3. After that, they get a bit meh.

And Philip Pullman. They're pretty good.

As for classics, have you tried Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie? Easy to read and good puzzles.

Just thought, how about the Narnia series? Might be a bit young for you but enjoyable anyway.

Alice in Wonderland?

Edited by Michelle
merged