Book Fiend

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Aside from books? :D

Teapots, china and iron.

Unusual vases, usually tallish glass in different colors.

Coffee mugs.

Note paper [sets].

I know there is more, it just doesn't come to mind at the moment...

Dust. .....

Me too!

Junk from other members of my family, I wish they were valuable antiques but no..:D

Same here!

Never gotten the whole Star Wars hype. Used to love the films when I was a kid, now as an adult, not so much. However I didn't really get the hype as such, being born in 1982. :D

Being born in 1958 I'll enlighten you, the hype was the girls wanted to be in the millenium falcon with Han Solo, the boys just wanted the Falcon they already thought they were Solo:drive1:

My OH does the collecting, glass jars he never fills, useful for storage apparently. Pint glasses, we are not about to run out of any, today he brought home a huge silver plated tray and we have nowhere to put it. If I outlive him my house will be changed to minimalist style!

I'm a bit of a hoarder of everything and anything, but my main pusuits are signed & dedicated first and / or limited edition books and Beatles merch :D I used to be a pretty avid coin collector as a child, I still have a folderful thereof gathering dust in a drawer at my parents' house :D!

I have a memories box in which I collect lots of little things from places I've been and things I've done - ticket stubs, little bits of merchandise, photographs, labels, shells from the beach, wine corks from special occasions (I'll write where from on the bottom of them). It's nice to pick it up every once in a while and go, "Oh yeah remember when we did that?!" :blush:

Gardening/nature books, silver jewellry and latterly bees. Not actual living bees but things with bees on.:)

I have a felt badge/mimic of a bee that I wear on my coat collar, looks like a real one has landed on me :blush:

I have a memories box in which I collect lots of little things from places I've been and things I've done - ticket stubs, little bits of merchandise, photographs, labels, shells from the beach, wine corks from special occasions (I'll write where from on the bottom of them). It's nice to pick it up every once in a while and go, "Oh yeah remember when we did that?!" :)

I have a similar habit, I have a number of boxes stuffed full of things i've hoarded for memories sake. I also have a small match box which I have stuffed all the tickets from the campsites and parks me and my boyfriend visited on our first camping trip together starting in the Midlands of England all the way up to Scotland, its nice to look at things everynow and then and remember good times. :)

I used to collect pigs but I don't so much anymore .. there are still signs of them all over the house though.

Butterfly brooches .. I wanted to do a display of butterflies rather like lepidopterists do but instead of using real butterflies I used brooches. Hubby helped me make a padded board for them and I pinned them on. People bought me them as prezzies and I collected some when I went visiting etc. I've been meaning to do another with either moths or dragonflies.

Heart shaped things .. again the house is full of them.

Books .. you can never have too many.

I have a memories box in which I collect lots of little things from places I've been and things I've done - ticket stubs, little bits of merchandise, photographs, labels, shells from the beach, wine corks from special occasions (I'll write where from on the bottom of them). It's nice to pick it up every once in a while and go, "Oh yeah remember when we did that?!" :blush:

I do that too! I have two shoeboxes full of 'memories'. There are old concert tickets, bus tickets, some little books I made when I was about 7, my candles from my 18th birthday cake and the cork out of the champagne, birthday & xmas cards etc... I really love looking through it all!

• 1 year later...

I used to collect minerals, but then I quitted. I still have the minerals in a showcase in my room but stopped enlarging the collection.

I also collected Magic: The Gathering cards but not anymore, even though I still love them.

DIRT .

( Not NOW, but as a kid,) we went on vacations each summer,so I always filled a jar with dirt or sand from the state we visited .

I know, it's odd,but actually interesting to see how different the colors are .

Also a VERY low cost souvenier,and you always have a piece of each state .

I used to collect old British currency (mainly shillings and halfpennys I'd dig up in the garden) and a lot of foreign currency (mainly coins but I do have some banknotes). I haven't really added anything new to it in about 5 years.

My eldest son used to do this too. His paternal grandmother (my mum) gave him a crown, half crown, threepenny bit, sixpence, farthing etc and his maternal grandad gave him coins from India and Malaysia. He has them packed away somewhere.

My eldest son used to do this too. His paternal grandmother (my mum) gave him a crown, half crown, threepenny bit, sixpence, farthing etc and his maternal grandad gave him coins from India and Malaysia. He has them packed away somewhere.

I became interested in it after my mum gave me a replica of an Elizabethan coin when I was 8 or 9 years old. It really sparked my interest because until then I had never really thought of how coins used to be different or are different around the world.

I used to collect pigs but I don't so much anymore .. there are still signs of them all over the house though.

Butterfly brooches .. I wanted to do a display of butterflies rather like lepidopterists do but instead of using real butterflies I used brooches. Hubby helped me make a padded board for them and I pinned them on. People bought me them as prezzies and I collected some when I went visiting etc. I've been meaning to do another with either moths or dragonflies.

Heart shaped things .. again the house is full of them.

Books .. you can never have too many.

That's such a good idea! I love butterflies / things with butterflies on!

I tend to hoard random things but I'm not sure any of it can be called collecting, I don't have enough money for that! I do have a thing for pretty notebooks though and would collect them if I could afford it! Along with panda things, books with pretty bindings and almost anything purple :lol:

I do have a lot of bears from my childhood.. I guess that could be a sort of collection?

I became interested in it after my mum gave me a replica of an Elizabethan coin when I was 8 or 9 years old. It really sparked my interest because until then I had never really thought of how coins used to be different or are different around the world.

It's a nice thing to show your children one day. A bit of history. I will be very very sad if we end up joining the euro and lose another bit of our culture. Sometimes I just hate the way the world is moving and everything is becoming the same.

• 1 month later...

I collect notebooks. I always have one in my handbag, so that I always have paper on hand to write shopping lists, random things I have to remember, or writing ideas. I also love buying books. Even when I have loads to read, I still buy more. I can't stop myself!