F1 Motor Racing

Johnny Carson Whit

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone still tuning in? I was really glad to see Red Bull win the Constructors, especially considering they are a new team. I would love Webber to win the Championship, I'm not warm to any of the others (and sad that Jenson is out!).

Yep, four left standing, though things are going to have to go a bit wibbly for Lewis to win. I'm hoping Webber does it as well, but I'll also back Vettel over Alonso.

Well done to Lewis and Jenson. 1st and 2nd in championship at the moment.

That feels like a very long time ago . . .

F1 Is a bit of a love of mine. I been loving this season. There's been some real great battles. I hate Alonso with a bitter passion. He's such an arrogant p***k. Hamilton will always be my Favourite, partly due to the fact that he grew up in a town only 20 minutes away from me so He's a bit of a local hero. Mclaren will always be my favourite team, but This year (now that Lewis is pretty much out of the race for champion at the last race, I'll be rooting for Webber. It's about time the "Unluckiest Man in F1" got some good fortune and won this. Vettel will have his turn in time, of that I have no doubt but this year should go to Webber, me thinks. :D

I also think Lewis has no chance unless something happens that takes the other three out , but thats highly unlikely.

I also think Alonso is arrogant and he thinks the whole championship should revolve around him. I think Vettel is showing signs of this too.

Webber is the one I will be shouting for and I hope the team do the right thing for him on Sunday.

Good luck Webber you will deserve to be Champion.

• 3 months later...

I am really looking forward to the new season starting.

As a Brit I will be shouting for Lewis and Jenson although it does look as if their cars are not so good at the moment.

I will also be following the progress of the Scottish lad, Paul Di Resta with Force India. and I really hope he has a good first season.

I am not a fan of Alonso and really hope he does n't ' walk away with it ', that would be so boring.

Oh well, all will be revealed soon. Lets hope for an exciting season.

• 3 weeks later...

Hurrah, the season is up and running, Does a little jig round the lounge :D.

Jenson and Lewis looking good in practice, lets hope it carries on throughout the weekend.

Looks like a fascinating season with new tyres and new rules, hopefully there will be more overtaking.

Anyway looking forward to the weekend.

I'm so excited it's untrue.

The only problem is, because the clocks go back, the race will be even earlier and I'll effectively be waking up at 4am to watch it. :(

I'm actually surprised by my apathy this year.

I've followed very little of the pre-season build up, I doubt I'll be bothered to tape Qualifying tomorrow (although I'll probably watch the re-run), and I'm starting to think there are better things I could be doing with my summer weekends that spending a good proportion of them in front of the box.

Also, there are rumours that the Beeb will be pulling out of covering the sport next year which will mean a return to ad breaks at best, or more likely the sport moving to Sky, and that really will be the end of it for me . . .

Edited by Raven

• 4 months later...

UK fans will be chuffed to know that from next season Sky will be the only place you get to see every race live.

The BBC will still be showing half the races in the season, and highlights from all races, but if you want to see it all you will have to stump up around £600 (a year) for Mr. Murdock's phone hacking compensation fund.

Suffice to say, that as someone who has been following the sport for 20 years I'm not happy.

Was devastated to hear this. Even if you subscribe to Sky you would still need to pay extra for Sky Sports to see it. Unfortunately I don't even have sky only have freeview. I have been a fan and been watching it ever since they televised it live ( how many years that is I would nt like to count :D ).

The news turned my good day into a bad one.....sigh.

Edited by deneng

Great . . . Not only can I no longer watch the cricket, or much football, or rugby I now cannot watch what is now becoming my favourite weekend veiwing. Really fed up of Sky doing this, I for one cannot afford the basic Sky package, let along the extra for the sports channels.

/moan over.

Was devastated to hear this. Even if you subscribe to Sky you would still need to pay extra for Sky Sports to see it. Unfortunately I don't even have sky only have freeview. I have been a fan and been watching it ever since they televised it live ( how many years that is I would nt like to count :D ).

The news turned my good day into a bad one.....sigh.

I guess you'll have to visit us more at the weekends then! biggrin.gif

The really annoying thing is the BBC trying to spin this as good news.

Is it better to see half a season live than none at all? Possibly, but as Sterling Moss said on Twitter this afternoon:

The coverage will be like going into a restaurant having the starter & then being told you can only have half your main and no desert

So you can follow F1 all season and the championship is decided not in the last race that the BBC have the rights to show, but the penultimate race that is only being shown on Sky. You only get to see the decider on the highlights program several hours after everyone else has seen it.

I can't see this doing anything to boost the number of people watching F1.

I used to watch all of the Test Matches before they left terrestrial TV, since then I've only seen the occasional highlights program and I can see this going the same way.

And how long will it be before a cash strapped BBC decide to renegotiate this again and pass it over to Sky permanently?

More time for reading, I guess . . .

Edited by Raven

There are quotes appearing on the net this evening, from Bernie, that the BBC will be showing a full repeat of the races it doesn't show live.

Not sure how credible these reports are at this point.

I wouldn't trust Bernie to walk out in front of me if I followed him into a revolving door.

• 1 year later...