F1 Motor Racing

Johnny Carson Whit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was introduced to F1 by my wife in 1999 and have been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, any driver I follow tends not to have the greatest success!

Who's your team/driver Johnny?

I used to follow it religiously - even going to the race in Canada every year, but over the past few years, not so much. My favourite driver has retired & I really don't care for the 2 drivers on my favourite team, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether to bother now or not.

My BF is a huge F1 fan so I'm currently sat watching cars go around a track :)

I don't mind it really and now that I understand a few of the rules, it's interesting enough. I have a soft spot for Lewis Hamilton and Mclaren.

My BF's cousin is the Red Bull photographer so she attends all the races and has met quite a few drivers. She says that they live such a different lifestyle to her that she finds it hard to have a conversation with them as they share very little common ground. It must be an amazing job though. She even met Cliff Richard last year :D

Well I have just sat through my first Grand Prix race, I was getting a little bit bored with the TV coverage as it seems to assume the viewer has at least some knowledge of whats going on.

But I then switched to watching the race online via the in car cameras and listening to the radio coverage. Whilst watching the race on the website you can also see a constantly updating leaderboard on the same page, this as well as being able to concentrate on individual 'battles' instead of having the general overview the TV coverage provides added to it for me.

I agree, it didn't quite live up to expectations. My selected drivers normally have quite a rough time and the curse of Sedge has struck again - can I offer my apologies to Karun Chandhok?!:blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I would have been up, but age is beginning ot take its toll! I hope to be up early for the race tomorrow, even though we're losing another hour of sleep when the clocks go forward!

I got up for the race. What a great race and as a

Button fan

I loved the result!! Whoo hooo.

As for

HAmilton

, well bad loser and to start spitting about the tactics while trying to pass a car is well... Just shows his immaturity.

I am putting spoilers just for the people who are going to wait and watch the highlight show tonight.

I love watching F1 - Bahrain was a bit slow though, Australia is what it should be like with the excitement of overtaking etc...

Glad with the result though as I'm a bit of McLaren fan, felt sorry for Sebastian Vettel though. Will his car ever cope with a full race?!

• 1 month later...

The last race in Valencia was really good, it was great to see Schumacher beating his team mate. I did feel a teeny bit for Button as he spent the entire race looking up Schumacher's exhaust pile!

• 3 weeks later...

Just about to watch the Grand Prix. I always support the British guys whatever team they drive for but this year its the same one, so I have to support Mclaren. This will probably upset a few but I cant stand Schumacker. I got fed up with him winning all the time and was pleased when he retired. I never expected him to return.

My husband is a follower!

I don't mind him watching it but it seems that as soon as the football season is over, F1 begins! It seriously interferes with our Summer Sunday Plans especially if it starts at 1. I prefer when it is on early Sunday morning.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a huge F1 fan, totally addicted! Should be a good race this weekend, I know Ferrari are talking themselves up a storm... I'd love to see Alonso win :-)

BBC have a good round up of all the new rule changes/clarifications if anyone has missed them - I would supply a link to this but as I'm a new poster I am not allowed!

Should be a good race this weekend

No, it's Valencia, a concrete gully that doesn't even have the charm of an inner-city 1960's multi-story car park - and there's no over-taking to boot!

It's by far the worst track on the calendar and has been a procession of blandness from start to finish each year since it first took place.

Roll on Silverstone!

(please don