I'm asking on behalf on my boyfriend. He wants a book that was written in the 1800's and is about life at that time. I've done a little google search but I know you guys will be a much better help :lol:

It doesn't matter if it is long or short. Any suggestion will do.

The closest I have is The Voices of Morebath: Reformation and Rebellion in an English Village but its 16th Century

From Amazon ~: The Voices of Morebath is the story of a hamlet buried deep in the heart of Devon. The parish priest, Sir Christopher Trychay remained in office through the troubled times of the mid-16th century. During his long tenure he carefully recorded the impact of national events in his ordinary rural community

I have read about half of it and its a fascinating read he might want to go down these lines although not strictly written in the 18th Century this is an account of writings so there may be others like this.

You could always look on the list of 1001 books you must read before you die as it has a list of books from the 1800's

http://www.listology.com/list/1001-books-you-must-read-you-die

Not sure which ones portray life exactly in the 1800's....Isn't Dracula - Bram Stoker, set in the 1800's and was written then too....