Model Behaviour by Jay Mcinerney

vodkafan

Book Review:

Model Behaviour by Jay Mcinerney

This was a fun quick read I did a while back after slogging through ATSS. I really enjoyed it. It is set in the 1990s but I bet this particular subculture has not changed overmuch. Connor McKnight is a celebrity magazine journalist. His life is a whirl of cocktail parties and meeting celebrities. But this life is kind of false and deep down he is not sure he is up to it.

His steady girlfriend is a beautiful fashion model who aspires to be an actress.

Connor worships her and can never really believe his luck.

but when his girlfriend takes off for a routine fashion shoot which Connor later finds out is non-existent, rumour has it that she is leaving him. Connor's fears and insecurities all come home to roost big time when he realises that his place in this celebrity world is totally dependent on him being attached to one. We watch his life coming apart at the seams.

As the story is basically simple there are a couple of little sub -plots going on to keep interest up . The family meal in the resteraunt is a scream. And his teenage fan/stalker.

Good book.

This will be in my swop list if anybody wants it.

Edited by vodkafan