Tattoos!

Nollaig

I saw something on FB the other day about soundwave tattoos which is pretty cool. The idea is that you record the sound you want to commemorate, convert it to soundwaves, then get the soundwaves tattood on our skin. You can then scan the tattoo, and using the programme affiliated with it, play back the sound!

I was thinking I'd have my kids laughing tattood on me! <3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4487502/Sound-wave-tattoo-lets-listen-body-art.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Since I last posted I still haven't got a second tattoo (I'm very tempted) but my husband has had a new one.  It's a music stave curled round the top of his arm with the music we went up the aisle to!  It starts from his original tattoo of a dragon treble clef.  It took the tattooist much longer than he anticipated because of the intricacy of the lines, but I think it looks great.  :) Here's a bit of it...

tattoo 2.jpg

On 5/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, Kell said:

I saw something on FB the other day about soundwave tattoos which is pretty cool. The idea is that you record the sound you want to commemorate, convert it to soundwaves, then get the soundwaves tattood on our skin. You can then scan the tattoo, and using the programme affiliated with it, play back the sound!

I was thinking I'd have my kids laughing tattood on me! <3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4487502/Sound-wave-tattoo-lets-listen-body-art.html

That's amazing! And what a great idea to have your kids laughing. The sound of children chuckling is so funny 

• 1 month later...

Just heard from a friend who had a tat done on her stomach a while ago, and has been ill for months after getting coloured ink poisoning!  happily she's on the mend now, but it sounds very nasty, as they didn't know what was wrong at first and didn't suspect the tat might be the cause, it was done by a reputable tattooist apparently. Ick:o