Tattoos!

Nollaig

Well honestly I had in mind it would be a bit smaller. Though, only a bit, maybe 20% max. But when I went to the shop they recommended a bit larger, because they said it'd turn out nicer and I'd probably regret if I'd do it that small. They were right on that advice the first time, with y other tattoo, so I took their advice this time too. Plus, must say it looks bigger on the pic than it does on my wrist really. And it will be less hard black, less, how you say, lying on top of my skin, when it's healed.. then it looks much better. Clearer.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well honestly I had in mind it would be a bit smaller. Though, only a bit, maybe 20% max. But when I went to the shop they recommended a bit larger, because they said it'd turn out nicer and I'd probably regret if I'd do it that small. They were right on that advice the first time, with y other tattoo, so I took their advice this time too. Plus, must say it looks bigger on the pic than it does on my wrist really. And it will be less hard black, less, how you say, lying on top of my skin, when it's healed.. then it looks much better. Clearer.

Your new tattoo looks really good Univerze, happy new tattoo! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a ton of ink! Very addictive! All have various meanings:

The poem was my very first tattoo. Its a verse from the poem Dirge Without Music by Edna St-Vincent Millay. I got it in memory of family who have passed away.

The flowers on my ribs are the favorite flowers of the important women in my life (mother, grandmother, aunt)

The Ship is for my love of travel and adventure (I hope to travel around the world one day!)

The anchor is a friendship tat between me and my 3 best friends (we each have one on our foot or ankle)

and "Wilfred" is for my Grandfather.

I have many more planned out, just waiting for money and time to get them done! Love ink!

mytat.jpg

IMG_5875_2.jpg

pirateink.jpg

another pic

one more pic!

Love your new elvish tat Univerze :) Whitegold, that poem on your back is so moving, what a touching tribute to your loved ones.

Just about everyone at my new uni possesses a tattoo, usually Shakespeare-related, so I am feeling quite left out. As soon as I stumble upon a paying job, I think now's the time.

Love your tats whitegold, although I wanted to ask about the foot one. I really want one on my foot, but a friend of mine said they rub off really easily and they have to be constantly reinked, I was wondering what your experience of this was? :)

I've only had the foot ink for a few years now but I haven't come across any problems with it. Black ink tends to stay vibrant longer than other colours. The foot ink doesn't encounter much more ware than any other tattoo. The only time you have to be careful with it is during the healing process because it scabs over. Removing socks and putting on socks can peel of some scabs which in turn can take off a bit of the ink. But I never had that problem and I had to wear shoes every day with it for work. Lots of lotion is the key! My friends also have ink on their feet too and haven't had problems either! Hope this helped!

What do you plan on getting? :D

I REALLY like that lexiepiper :)

Wouldn't that look great with poppies! A little trail across your foot. :D

Univerze, the finished tattoo looks fabulous.

Whitegold, your tats are wonderful, but I especially like the poem (and the font used) and flowers.

I still haven't got my tattoo done - I keep putting it off. I had a dream last night that I finally plucked up the courage to get it done and they wanted to charge me £250 for it. :(

What are you thinking of getting Janet?

Wouldn't that look great with poppies! A little trail across your foot. :D

EXACTLY what I was thinking Chrissy .....I'm getting real tempted now :cool: