Tattoos!

Nollaig

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be really pretty, Univerze! Old keys like that almost seem to have a spirit about them, they're just 'more' than a key... if that doesn't sound too dumb. :)

I've also been debating for a while about a 3rd tattoo, but what I want is a bit... big (for me). I found this and fell in love with it, but am a bit scared to get my whole foot covered like that because feet obviously sweat a lot and it would wear down a lot in that place... but, I LOVE that design and placement!

post-5625-090782600 1280931488_thumb.jpg

Edited by CaliLily

^Oh that's pretty.. I don't like feet tattoos really, but this looks pretty, is that just a pic you found or your own foot? Because if it's just a pic you found, you should try getting in in henna like that first and see how it is. I used to do henna tattoos like this all the time. Love it. :)

Its just one I randomly found last night while searching for a new avatar. Hanna is just like a temporary ink that lasts for a few weeks, right? I don't think we have many places around here that will do that, but I'll check it out!

Have you been in any tattoo shops yet to flip through their past customers who have gotten keys done?

I really want a foot tattoo too, and I've even found the design I'd love to have (it's not so much on the top of the foot though, it comes down and around from the ankle) but I've heard that tattoos on the feet fade really quickly because of shoes rubbing on them, which puts me off slightly.

I've also become really attached to the idea of getting 'This too shall pass' tattooed on my inner wrist in a pretty font. Do you think that would look good?

Edited by lexiepiper

Its just one I randomly found last night while searching for a new avatar. Hanna is just like a temporary ink that lasts for a few weeks, right? I don't think we have many places around here that will do that, but I'll check it out!

Have you been in any tattoo shops yet to flip through their past customers who have gotten keys done?

Well the Henna thing last for a while yeah, few weeks at most, feet maybe less. Watch out, don't get black henna tattoos though, those CAN contain chemicals or whatever that are carcinogenic or cause severe allergic reactions and burns on your skin. Just get the reddish henna, it looks a little different though. Try Indian and Moroccan beauty shops or something, if they have them there. Like I said, I always did it myself, you can buy henna powder and google for recipes, but you have to have a steady hand.

And nope, honestly, I won't look at that either at shops. I'll google a bit, to see what it really looks like, and ask the tattoo artist what's possible when getting such a tattoo (size, detail etc) but that's about it. Plus, not like I'll have the money for it anytime soon. ;)

• 4 months later...

I am umming and ahhing about getting one done of my present avatar, except I think I would get it in red. I love the almost transparent look of the petals but don't know if you can get that effect. I would change the buds, maybe do away with them, but I think the flower is beautiful ......but I'm not sure if I should or not..........:blush:

That's beautiful LaurenBeth. :)

I took a look at Tara McPherson's site, and the painting from which you got this idea is just stunning. Great choice.

Thank you so much Chrissy :) I'm so in love with it, I can't stop staring at wrist haha. I'm glad you took the time to look at Tara's Website, her work is so amazing!

That's exactly it!! And then I wonder if I'm getting a bit old for all this sort of thing. But then Billy Connolly got his nipples pierced at 50, so I guess a little poppy tattoo is not all that radical :cool:

A poppy tattoo would look beautiful! Red ink always looks amazing and really vibrant, I say go for it :) don't let age limit you, my mum is in her mid 50's and she got her first tattoo a couple years ago and now she has 5!

Ahh that wrist tattoo is beautiful! I do love wrist tattoos.. actually.. I am going to the shop tomorrow to get an appointment for having mine done! The shop's always busy, so even though mine's little, I don't think they'll be able to do it rightaway. Am getting this (for sure now, and it's changed since my last idea);

elle-1kopie.jpg

It's the elvish word "estel", meaning "hope". I have loved elves for ages, and Lord of the Rings films since they came out, and the books I love too, recently read them.

Plus it represents my love of fantasy. :D Can't wait!

^ I hope your translation is correct, you don't want some Tolkienite sniggering at you in a pub because you have "troll" etched on your wrist!

I had pics of the word from two different locations on the web (and since it's also "Aragorn's secret name", for those of you who've read the books will know what I mean, but anyway that means it's more on the web than some other words), and I posted at one of the major Lord of the Rings forum in a topic where people that know and speak elvish (part of me thinks that sad) have words translated for tattoos. So I posted what I had and got it checked. ;)

Edit, Raven you sure that's not you who is on that forum? ;) The person that helped me there also was called Raven and I see that you're reading Tolkien now.. ;) Coincidence?

See here?

Edited by Univerze

Haha.. so it isn't you. That Raven I surely had a feeling it was a woman too.. don't know if it's correct though. Women tend to give out more kissy emoticons, and this Raven did. ;)

But yeah baby, went to the tattoo shop, and well, usually there's a waiting list for ages (last time 3 months), they only have one tattoo artist, though he's brilliant. Marco Hengst, won a lot of awards, internationally, for mostly classic and japanese style tattoos cause that's his style. But anyway.. someone cancelled, which leaves me to be tattooed at 11.30 am tomorrow. Mom was sad she couldn't be there, but I'd rather get tattooed when I'm alone, though I'll never tell her. I LOVE getting tattooed. Okay, I have only one so far, but loved every second. :D

Ehh.. pics will follow, as soon as I cleared off the gunk it leaves, somewhere tomorrow afternoon. ;)

I surely had a feeling it was a woman too.. don't know if it's correct though. Women tend to give out more kissy emoticons, and this Raven did. ;)

I was just going by the Wormtongue avatar, not conclusive I know, but it would surprise me if a woman were using it. I think he was just getting fresh with you!

I LOVE getting tattooed. Okay, I have only one so far, but loved every second. :D

Kinky.

:P

It's dooooone!

Esteltatt.jpg

I love it, and loved the tattooing again, loved being able to watch now hee hee. It barely registered as pain this time too, so I'd recommend it to everyone.

Am so happy. And to think, it's going to look even better when it's healed! Oh, on this pic the tattoo doesn't have vaseline on it yet cause it messes up the flash. ;)

It's dooooone!

Esteltatt.jpg

I love it, and loved the tattooing again, loved being able to watch now hee hee. It barely registered as pain this time too, so I'd recommend it to everyone.

Am so happy. And to think, it's going to look even better when it's healed! Oh, on this pic the tattoo doesn't have vaseline on it yet cause it messes up the flash. ;)

That's bigger than I thought it would be from what you were saying above.

Glad it went well and you are happy with the result!