Favourite Book Titles

I haven't thought about this book in years, but I've always loved the title Cotton In My Sack by Lois Lenski. Not only did I love the story when I was young, but I also loved changing the title with words that rhyme with sack. I think you all know where I'm going with this.:smile2:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similarly, Steven Erikson's Toll The Hounds caught my eye because of the title, and the doom-laden quality of both it and the cover. I went away and looked him up and became an addict as a result :D

And Iain M Banks' Feersum Endjinn always makes me smile - it reminds me just how funny that book is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if nobody speaks of remarkable things by jon mcgregor. I bought it because I loved the title & it's on my TBR pile along with many others :).

Edited by BookJumper

Quiche of Death!

:) Speaking as a quiche lover i've got to read this.

I like the title of Stardust be Neil Gaiman, it's as simple and charming as the story behind it.

If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things by John McGregor. I bought it because I loved the title & it's on my TBR pile along with many others :).

I wrote the title & author without capitals as that is how it is written on the book.

It's just the font they used on one of the covers. In every listing I've ever seen (and on other covers - it's written with the capitals intact. See here for example.

• 1 month later...

One title that struck me long ago is The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. It expresses a probably very true sentiment for many people throughout history at some time or another and does this effectively with an elegantly simple adjective and noun.