What are you planning to watch on TV today/tonight

Johnny Carson Whit

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were many great movies on tv the past few weeks, now we have several recorded movies. I'm planning to show them to my children, movies like 'I, Robot' and 'Jerry Maguire'. I watched them years ago and I'm looking forward to watching them now with my children. 'I, Robot' was fantastic, until the very end, you don't really know the entire story, these types of movies don't always have interesting story lines, often it's just about special effects, etc. but 'I, Robot' had both. I remember watching 'Jerry Maguire' just a few years ago, it was very funny and that child was so sweet and cute. :D I remember thinking if I would have a husband who doesn't beat me up, who treats me allright, even if perhaps he doesn't even show that much love for me or perhaps really doesn't love me, but if he would love my children and treat them well, I'd accept him and stay with him, because then at least my children would have a nice and kind and loving father figure in their lives and I'd have a sweet companion. But I do understand the people who don't accept that. I guess it's different for everyone. I'm hoping my children will enjoy both movies as much as I enjoyed them.

We have more recorded movies. I was so happy when 'The Wind that shakes the barley' aired, because I've read a lot about that movie, but I can't seem to rent it anywhere and it never seems to air when I check. So it was a nice surprise when after all these years, finally one channel was showing that movie. I'm going to watch that for the first time this weekend. Has anyone here watched that movie? What did you think about it?

I watched many more movies the past few weeks, needless to say that movie watching time took the time away I usually spend reading books. Still have library books to finish!

We recorded so many movies which we all have to watch, that this week, I didn't even bother to check what else was showing. Now it's time to watch and enjoy them and make space for new movies to record after that. It's May Movie month in Holland. :)

I'm planning on watching last night's episode of The Mentalist, along with another episode of the Gilmore Girls which I am loving at the moment.

Both excellent choices, Simply K! I approve :D.

Tonight my friend and I will be watching a bunch of old episodes of 21 Jump Street and hopefully a bit of The Office as well.

• 1 year later...

If you didn't see it when it was shown on BBC4 earlier this year, The Challenger - the story of Richard Feynman's role in the investigation into the Challenger disaster in 1986 - is being shown again on BBC2 this Sunday at 8pm.

It's one of the best pieces of TV I've seen for years.