The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Serious Man - a very funny Coen Bros movie, great ending, with the theme being the inscrutability of God, and the inscrutability of just about everything else as well.

A Serious Man - a very funny Coen Bros movie, great ending, with the theme being the inscrutability of God, and the inscrutability of just about everything else as well.

I loved that film, Ethan, Coen Bros are masters! :lol:

I'm about to pop in 'Lars and the Real Girl.'

Excellent show, Mexicola!

I made a horrible, horrible choice in judgement on Friday night and watched 'New in Town' with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr. Last night we watched the 4th Harry Potter film, Goblet of Fire. I was a bit confused most of the time, (and shed a tear I'll admit it :)) but it was fun to watch. Now I only have 2 more HP films that I've never seen!

It's great, isn't it peace?! I've only just got around to watching the second season.

I've seen two or three of the HP films and out of order, so I'm usually confused when watching! They're entertaining enough, the acting gets to me a bit though!

It's great, isn't it peace?! I've only just got around to watching the second season.

I've seen two or three of the HP films and out of order, so I'm usually confused when watching! They're entertaining enough, the acting gets to me a bit though!

I love FOTC, Mexicola! Excellent writing on that show :).

Yeah while my friend and I were watching HP we had to keep asking each other, 'now who is that?' and 'remember? that guy was the rat in the previous film' :roll: I must say I got a little annoyed with Hermoine (sp?) in this one - she seemed a touch dramatic. Ah well, they are fun! Even though my fave sparkly dude didn't fare too well in this installment :cry2:.

Run Fat Boy Run, amusing but not to the level of other Simon Pegg films.

Yeah, it's okay, not a bad film, but I found it hard to like Dennis after the first half of the film made him out to be such a tosser.

Hot Fuzz

Which I was actually starting to get into until I hit a problem with the DVD I was watching and had to skip forward a chapter - rather took the gloss off it. Still, better than I remembered it being from watching it in the cinema, but still not as good as Shaun of the Dead.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

A pleasant enough film, but nothing amazing to write home about. I'm beginning to spot a pattern in Studio Ghibli plots . . .

I watched The Science of Sleep on Saturday, and it was FANTASTIC! I decided to buy it after Mexicola recommended it in another thread, so thanks for the recommendation! :smile2:

It is probably one of my favourite films ever. It's so strange and beautiful, and also very funny! It made me laugh out loud on several occasions. It aslo stars the amazingly charming and gorgeous Gael Garcia Bernal. He is so adorable as Stephane, even when making very awkward and inappropriate jokes! As you may have noticed he is now my avatar :giggle: