First impressions mean everything, don't they?

Tristan

Oh, hello there. I'm a crazy Belgian (aren't they all, right? :giggle: ), deciding to join the ranks of this rather charming looking discussion forum.

I have to confess that I'm by no means a die-hard book reader, although I've read lots of stuff in my youth. Lord of the Rings, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe and others (if my memory serves me right) were simply defining reading experiences in my life.

But for some obscure reason I steered from this path and begun developing an (unhealthy, some say) interest in cinema. Thank God it's still there, but now I want to start reading (serious?) literature ( I'm into comics and manga as well) again. So, this Wednesday I rushed to a well-reputed book store and bought me the Gothic masterpieces 'Dracula' (Stoker) and 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde' (Stevenson). Later, I will buy 'Frankenstein' as well, for completion's sake. :roll:

Some trivial info, for those who are interested:

Age - 22

Occupation - (Poor) student, journalism

Other interests - Manga, Comics, Music, History, Philosophy, Art

Looking forward to hearing from you. :lol:

Keep reading! :(

PS: I only just realised... ANOTHER GUY! lol (You'll find out what I mean soon.)

I already did. :lol: Not a good woman/man ratio on this forum.. Not that it bothers me (in fact, I find that women are most interesting to discuss art with), but it's definitely noticeable.

Welcome to the BCF. The whole debate about gender ratio here is interesting mainly because of the scarcity of women posting on... Well, certain forums which will not be mentioned in respectable company. The games and comics fora around the internet (and there are lots of them) seem to be dominated by fourteen year old boys from the US - a fact borne out by the level of crudity and inanity which passes for conversation.

You'll like it here. :lol: