Greetings from the Pool of Life

BadgerB

I have just joined today and wanted to say hello and maybe add a bit about me.

I am a tad obsessed with books and our home overflows with them, we did get up to over ten thousand at one time but had to draw a line when our builder told us the weight of the books could be damaging the structure of the building. Since then, we have tried to restrict ourselves to only swapping a "new" book when we manage to give one away or sell one. We give lots of books to charity, swap and sell on several online sites and can't walk past a bookshop. I generally read several books at once and go through about 10 a week. My taste is eclectic but if pinned down, I would say my favourite author is Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

I work in scientific research, am almost as addicted to music and films and I am to books, and share my home with my equally book obsessed husband and three rescued ferrets.

Hi :D

I am a tad obsessed with books and our home overflows with them, we did get up to over ten thousand at one time but had to draw a line when our builder told us the weight of the books could be damaging the structure of the building.

Now that I call dedication :D Welcome to the forum! :D

had to draw a line when our builder told us the weight of the books could be damaging the structure of the building.

I generally read several books at once and go through about 10 a week.

WOW! :D

& Impressed!:D And you still have time for a job? I thought I did well last month when I read 12 in a month!

10 books a week wow, I wish I could get through that many takes me at least 10 days to read one!

Of course, welcome to the biggest and best book forum you are likely to find.

:D 10 books a week :lol: I'm not even reading one a week at the minute :D

:) to the forum :D Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Welcome to the BCF. You can get reinforcements done to ceilings by having a steel bar (an I-bar normally) placed across the ceilings beneath the room with the weight. A friend had to do this to accommodate a collection of vinyl records - I'm sure it was in the region of two thousand pounds for the work to be completed though, so it is only a last resort.

• 2 weeks later...