Supernatural recommendations

Ummm, I always suggest "IT" by Stephen King.

However, like some Stephen King books, this one can be a little hard to get into. It's a long book too, so before the story starts picking up it can be a while. :D It's very good though.

I'd suggest just browsing through the forum, plenty such books are being discussed here.

There used to be a ghost stories thread but it didn't come up in a search so I guess it must have been archived.

I'd recommend:

The Ghost Writer - John Harwood

Eleven Terrible Months - R L Royle (Not the best written book ever, but very creepy)

I'd also second Henry James ghost stories, the Turn of the Screw, Owen Wingrave etc

Seeing as how the others have picked modern titles...

H.P. Lovecraft. No specific book, just start reading his work from the early stuff through chronologically.

There's a book I'm not sure of the title, but the female character (the only character if I remember it correctly) goes slowly insane - The Yellow Wallpaper (?).

Margaret Oliphant's horror output is also good, though not in the same "keep you awake at night" league

However, like some Stephen King books, this one can be a little hard to get into. It's a long book too, so before the story starts picking up it can be a while. ;) It's very good though.

I'd suggest just browsing through the forum, plenty such books are being discussed here.

I would disagree, but each to their own I suppose :lol:

Lovecraft is a good option, Call of Cthulhu and the Case of Charles Dexter Ward.