MotoGP

Book Fiend

I'm not sure if there's actually any other MotoGP fans on the forum, but seeing as it is my second biggest passion after reading I thought I would start a thread and hope that somebody will join me for a discussion!

It's less than 2 months until the start of the season now and I officially can't wait!!!! I'm so excited!!:(

So to anybody out there who is interested - what are you most excited about for the 2010 season?

Personally I'm excited about Rossi winning another championship :D. I'm also excited about seeing Simoncelli on a MotoGP bike, I think he will be really good. Oh and I'm super excited about hopefully going to Silverstone in June!!

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about and are wondering why I am so excited, then you should watch this clip of the

(the commentary is in Italian but you get the idea!) Edited by Book Fiend

• 2 weeks later...

Well Book Fiend you aint alone, I LOVE MOTOGP! In fact i'm motorsport crazy, i watch and attend all different codes of racing whether it be 2 or 4 wheels. I've just recently returned from Florida where i was at the Daytona 500 - AWESOME. But back to the subject......I hope Rossi wins another championship too, i think Melandri could have a good season now he's back on a Honda but i have a sneaking suspicion that Dani Pedrosa is finally coming of age on a motogp bike and i reckon he's gonna be a serious threat to Rossi and Stoner. As for Lorenzo anything is possible but he's no match for Rossi when it comes to the mind games! The wait now for the start of the season is a killer!

At least there's WSBK this weekend ( just watch Biaggi go this year, that Aprilla is an animal!)

Yay!! Another fan!!

I definately think Rossi can do it again this year. He's been fastest in every test so far. Plus Lorenzo missed the lastest test because he broke his hand in training. Also there will be no sharing of data between Lorenzo and Rossi's teams this year. Oh let the mind games begin!! :D

I hope Pedrosa does well this year, I have a soft spot for him because despite his slightly grumpy persona I think he is quite sweet, and he is just so tiny!! He really doesn't look big enough to ride one of those bikes!!

I'm not sure about Stoner this year. I just don't know if he can handle the pressure. We all saw how he fell apart after Rossi beat him in Laguna Seca in 2008, and I still think there may have been a psychological element to his illness last year. We will see!!

Personally I can't wait until we get to summer time and people start sorting out their contracts for next year. Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa all have contracts that run out this year so it should be interesting! I love the gossip and the rumours almost as much as I love the racing!

I saw race two of WSBK last weekend. I do watch it if I get chance but I don't follow it religiously like I do MotoGP. It was a disappointing weekend for James Toseland. I feel really bad for him because he seems like such a nice guy. It was nice for Leon Haslam to win his first race though, especially as he's quite local to me!

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just had to post and say MotoGP is my favourite sport of all time. Valentino Rossi is my hero, and for him to be back on a bike and on the podium in Leguna Seca so soon after breaking his leg, is remarkable. He truly is the greatest of all time. The Doctor is back!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay another fan!! It was getting a bit lonely here!

I agree, Rossi is absolutely AMAZING! MotoGP really wasn't the same without him, and I'm so glad he's back. The podium in Laguna Seca was pretty spectacular, although I do wish he'd take it easy!!! I'm so scared he's going to fall off again, I keep shouting at the TV telling him to be careful! Still I can't wait for Brno when hopefully he should be much fitter, and able to fight at the front :D