Any keen cyclists?

runner

I commute each day by bike....there must be others out there who shun the car and the bus and get on their bike....how r u what distance do you cover? I do 15+ miles each day to central Bristol and try to run at least twice a week...

Wow, that's great that you ride so much every day!

I love cycling, but I have to commute by train to work because I live quite far from my workplace (an hour or so each way). So all the cycling I do is just for pleasure but I've been very lazy lately and haven't been riding much at all :( I'm hoping to get back into it very soon because I really do love it :)

As for jogging, I've never been much of a runner at all because I always develop bad stitches about 5 seconds after I start, and that just puts me off. I do live near an oval though, and I've been considering trying a lap or two around there to get me started, but I don't have joggers and don't have the spare cash to go and buy a proper pair. :roll:

hi runner. which part of bristol are you from? i love cycling i use to be part of bmx group when i was young and competed in regional and national. i am lazy now and dont do so much i would love to get back in to cycling i am waiting for job so i can get a new bike. my bike is a bit to old now, it was brought for me on my 11 birthday, it a good bike but just want an up to date one. i also love hiking as well.

Well I haven't been on a bike in a long long time and this year I thought I would give it a go, but i need to get a bike so am trying to decide what to get, they all seem to cost an absolute fortune, can you recommend anything for a returning unfit but wanna be fair weather cyclist! :roll:

I used to love cycling when I was a kid. My two favourite localized modes of transportation were bikes and skateboards. I would probably still love both if I was able A) to stay upright and :roll: not more unfit than a really really REALLY unfit person.

I also used to adore cycling as a kid and enthusiastic teen :roll: I am most definitely planning on purchasing another bike when I am settled in a job so that I can commute about the city and also go exploring in the countryside and such :)

Hi kss 2010 i live in Hanham on the east side on the main road to Bath...and of course we are the home of sustrans here and the no 1 cycling city :roll: is use the cycle path each day...in fact i have just got home had a shower and jumped on the forum...

Well I haven't been on a bike in a long long time and this year I thought I would give it a go, but i need to get a bike so am trying to decide what to get, they all seem to cost an absolute fortune, can you recommend anything for a returning unfit but wanna be fair weather cyclist! :roll:

pickle go for a hybrid and have a look on ebay or your local trade it....I would not buy new to start there are some great bargains on ebay

runner - I used to be a competitve cyclist when I was younger & up until my move over here to Europe I used to cycle to & from work every day, which was a 20km cycle each way. I loved it!

Since moving over here I have tried to continue with my cycling as much as possible, but it has been far from easy. I don't currently own a bike, but do plan to get a new one & will begin cycling to work again, though from where I currently live it'll only be about 4km to work, then 4km back, luckily it's a very hilly route, though.

runner - I used to be a competitve cyclist when I was younger & up until my move over here to Europe I used to cycle to & from work every day, which was a 20km cycle each way. I loved it!

Since moving over here I have tried to continue with my cycling as much as possible, but it has been far from easy. I don't currently own a bike, but do plan to get a new one & will begin cycling to work again, though from where I currently live it'll only be about 4km to work, then 4km back, luckily it's a very hilly route, though.

Hi Ceinwein

I was lucky in that i have been able to purchase my bikes through my work (ministry of justice) on the cycle to work scheme. I at present ride a hybrid for those really bad and treacherous days and my good giant racing bike as often as I can... the only time I don't ride is in snow and ice ie 2 weeks ago...but that rarely happens. My previous job involved a lot of driving and I am so glad that i do not have to do that anymore :roll:

• 1 year later...

Hey not sure if anyone is still a member who replied to this post - I've just started to commute to work now that it is a little warmer, just! It's only about six miles there but I never see any other female cycling commuters! I know what thought as having hat head and mutter splatterings on my face is not a great look for work!