Lesley Pearse books

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has read Ellie and Camellia by Lesley Pearse? I have just finished Camellia, was now going on to read Ellie and have realised Ellie is about some of the same people that were in Camellia and was released first ;)

What I wanted to know was can I still read Ellie - ie is it a totally different story that won't be spoiled by me having read Camellia first?

Thanks in advance for any answers! :censored:

• 1 year later...

I am reading 'Charity', it is a large book and I am on page 64, it is a brilliant book, but talk about heart wrenching, been crying already. Read a review on Amazon and this person wrote, she cried from start to finish reading this book.

• 1 month later...

I have now read a lot of Lesley Pearse books, but I have just finished 'Never Look Back', I think this must be one of the best books ever written, I had to put the book down so many times, as I was sobbing my heart out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have all of Lesley Pearse books on my book case, some I have read, and some I still have to read, my favourite is still 'Never Look Back', I have read 'Belle', brilliant also, there is a sequel to 'Belle', coming out next January, which is 'Torn', cannot wait

I have all of Lesley Pearse books on my book case, some I have read, and some I still have to read, my favourite is still 'Never Look Back', I have read 'Belle', brilliant also, there is a sequel to 'Belle', coming out next January, which is 'Torn', cannot wait

I've not read any of Lesley Pearse books before but I have Belle on my wish list.

I get the impression Lesley's books are based in 'older times' from what I've read on the net but with being fairly young I wonder if I'll enjoy her writting or not however Belle sounds right up my street from the blurb.

Edited by Star

I've not read any of Lesley Pearse books before but I have Belle on my wish list.

I get the impression Lesley's books are based in 'older times' from what I've read on the net but with being fairly young I wonder if I'll enjoy her writting or not however Belle sounds right up my street from the blurb.

Some are set in times gone by but it varies greatly. She's definitely worth a look :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have pre-ordered from Amazon her latest book 'The Promise, which is a sequel to 'Belle', I have all her books, she is absolutely brilliant author

I am reading this book at the moment as it was to offered to me from Amazon to review. This is my first foray into Lesley Pearce's books and I have to say that her research is very good. I'm quite enjoying this book and I haven't read Belle but I don't think this really matters as the books stands up quite well on its own.

• 1 month later...

You can't fault Lesley Pearse on her research Sue! You could almost be there in the book sometimes.

I've read all of her books, except The Promise, so far and I think there was only one or two that I didn't enjoy so much. They were still readable but not quite up to the usual standards. I loved Belle and can't wait to get my hands on this one.