Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I weighed myself on the weekend and I've lost 6 pounds! It's been a couple of months since I last weighed myself and I'm really pleased because I thought I'd actually put some on!!!:roll:

:) That is great, Cookie! Great job!

Losing 1 lb is great, Kimmy :cry2: How are you all feeling?

I weighed myself last night before bed and was pleased to discover that I am only 1/2 a lb away from meeting my first goal :lol: I've been eating light all day and walking on my breaks in hope that when I go home I will hit that mark. When I do it means I will have lost a total of 50 lbs in the last year and a 1/2, something I honestly didn't think I could do without some form of medical help. :D

Edited by CaliLily

Well done to everyone who has lost weight :)

Ok, I have been carb cycling and mixing cardio with weights for the past 5 weeks now. I have lost 9 inches all over:hyper:!

I ordered Hannah Watermans dvd last week which turned up today. A girl in work has it and raves about it all the time. It's hard work, but she has seen results.

Crikey! That's a terrific result Abby!

And congratulations to everyone else on losing weight too. I think you're all awesome. I don't visit this thread very often, but I really should come here more often to be inspired by you all. :smile2:

Disgusted with myself :irked:when I stepped on my scales at the weekend. Have put quite a few pounds on again. Too much sitting around and nibbling on all the wrong things :smile2: I have been going for a regular Monday morning swim with a friend, but more chatting than more lengths I think.:giggle:

I've been overweight for most of my life, and I've decided to change that now. I don't want drastic overnight changes, I just want to encorporate exercise into my daily life. I'm considering joining a gym to achieve this, but I'm really hesitant about doing so alone.

Any soulsoup for the obese?

• 2 weeks later...

I worked out tonight for the first time in a week and now my thighs are killing me. It feels like someone beat my muscles with a meat mallet! :lol: Hopefully things will go better tomorrow and the old routine will come back.

Of course I ended up ordering pizza for supper so the workout was probably ineffective.

For some reason, about 2 years ago I completely lost my sense of taste, and so never wanted anything to eat at all. I made myself drink a Slimfast shake at lunch time, and ate a tin of Baxters Healthy Living soup at tea time, and would usually have some crackers and cheese and fruit in the evening. Not any kind of recommended healthy eating! But I lost about a stone and a half in six months, and have kept it off since then, even though my sense of taste came back and I have been eating normally since then.

I do need to lose more weight though, and am trying to get myself motivated.

Well, the verdict is out, tried some of my summer clothes since the weather's nice again, and I definitely gained some pounds since last year. Feeling like hell after dad died meant comfort food, for both me and mom. I have no idea what I weigh, but I know I don't like how my tummy looks. So. Today and tomorrow I have to go to university again for classes etc, so I decided to go by bike, where before I would have gone by bus. It's half an hour biking, so means an hour a day. Not bad right, don't need to lose much weight, so a more active lifestyle usually works too. Hopefully. :D

Univerze, please accept a hug from me, you are so dear and me too I lost two family members last year and I am still burned out oui, and so unmotivated. I do my excercises automatically about four or so in the morning, I have to be up and while the water is boiling for the tea or the coffee maker I just start doing the ballet barre excercises and some light weights , but only for fifteen minutes or twenty. Then I eat and move on with my day. No joy in any of it I am sorry to tell you, just force of habit.

I eat what I want and just add fibre to each meal and it keeps me pretty even in weight I suppose. I quit worrying about all that long ago and just eat well and eat treats when I want and give thanks for what I have and somehow I don't really gain weight now like I did when I focused on a lot of excercise and restricted myself in food. Why does this work, who knows. I don't know or care!

Univerze, bless your heart - Don't be too hard on yourself, you've been through a tough time and I'm thinking of you x

Sorry I've not been around much lately, life has turned upside down (good and bad ways) but the good part is I've lost 23.5lbs this month! A little too much but I've been eating properly and everything, just cut out a lot of sugar and fat.

I am going nowhere with the weightloss and generally getting into shape at the moment, however I am strating to walk to work from Tuesday as they are doing some repairs in the office and have reduced already little parking..I just hope it doesn't keep raining

I have a question for anyone who might have some insight. Tonight I just finished the most intense workout I've had in months and for some reason no matter how much water I drink I'm still insanely thirsty. This isn't a recent issue as it would happen way back in my soccer/dance days too. I would be able to chug down a whole litre of water and fill up my stomach to the point where it would hurt and I would just feel sick and miserable afterwards, but my mouth would still be craving water.

Has anyone else had issues like this or know how to better pace water intake during and after a workout?

Edited by CaliLily