Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am down to 165 pounds, lost 15 pounds since january. I am about 5 ft.- 10in or 5 ft - 11in. Was 5 ft 11 in. but think I have lost an inch. :)

The treadmill exercise has been great for me. Still doing 42 minutes a day, every day.

Chesil, congratulations on the pounds gone!  Every bit helps.  The sugar will come next.

Muggle, that sounds great.  Good show!

We're still stuck.  On and off the diet, more or less holding our own though.  On and off with exercise as well.  We seem to go a week at the time one way or the other.  lol

Congrats, Chesil! (btw, does your username perhaps come from a book, called On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan? I recently was given this book and thought of your name)

I've been losing some weight the past few weeks! I hope I will keep losing it. I'm trying to eat heatlhier, eat smaller portions and eat less calories. I'm having yoghurt for breakfast for example, for the past few weeks.

Thanks guys. :smile2:

Congrats, Chesil! (btw, does your username perhaps come from a book, called On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan? I recently was given this book and thought of your name)

No. I had this as my username on the internet before he chose to use it, and have grumbled ever since his book came out, as he's one of the authors I've least enjoyed reading! :irked: Chesil Beach is my favourite place to be, which is why I chose the username, and can never forgive McEwan for choosing it for his novel.

• 5 weeks later...

OK.  Started again on the Atkins diet last Monday.

Have lost 5and a half pounds.

I'd gained 15 pounds from the end of my diet last year.  Gak.

I can't fit into some of the clothes I'd bought last year, so hadda start again.

Haven't started the treadmill again, mostly due to the tooth problems I've been having.  Root canal and all that.  But will very soon, this weekend for sure.

Yes.. it's great!! My hair are growing again, I can ride a bike and do loooong walk. I really feel born again. I know it won't be easy, my disease will give me good and bad days, but I'm in a good period right now and I'm enjoying it as much as I can.

Sending hugs right back to you Eleonora. :kissing:

I really dislike being on a diet.  But, it is what it is.  And, to get back to where I want, weight wise, is necessary.  I mean, really.  This diet is not a bad one by any means.  Any diet I can have cream cheese, cheese, eggs and bacon......well, you see what I mean.  T'ain't bad McGee, as we say. :D

Oh, and don't forget vodka. lol  Thank heaven there are no carbs in vodka.  Wine doesn't have many either, and my tea and coffee is safe as I take no sweeteners in them. /phew!/

Got back on the treadmill for the first time in about 5 weeks, and was able to go first 30 minutes, then another 15 minutes.  So, that is a great start.

The 5 pounds I initially lost is remaining pretty steady, but no more.  Not yet.  But it's always like that for me, lose 4-5 pounds in the first 3-4 days, then go almost a week before I lose anymore.

And, really, last year I lost a total of 33 pounds, so I'm still ahead of the game. :cool:

Just got off the scales for the first time after our week away. Was worried that although I was pretty active and did plenty of exercise while we were away, I didn't actually diet, and some days I think I ate far too much, so thought I might have put on weight. Looks like the exercise worked wonders as I've lost 2 pounds over the week :smile2:

Great news Chesil, will you be celebrating with cake? ;)

I am enjoying the gym, I just wish I could go a little more often but weekends are virtually impossible as my youngest is too young to leave for long as my eldest boy isn't the most responsible :(  Still, Monday will come round soon enough.  I'm definitely noticing that with my healthier eating and the gym I am starting to tone up a bit and each time I go I seem to be able to run a little further and do a few more squats/lunges etc.. :)

:rolol:  Love it!  Celebrating with sweets, always fun. tee hee

Seriously, CB, that's great.  I found the same last year when we travelled.  We did so much walking that the extra food didn't make any difference.  Thankfully.

With this dratted cold I haven't been on the treadmill for several days, but will begin again tomorrow, I think.  Off diet some, but not too terribly.

The same 5 pounds are off, that came off immediately, I then yo-yo'd for a week, and settled on 5 and a half pounds off.  lol

All is about the same, although I've decided not to stay strict on the diet till we get back from our proposed trip to San Francisco.  Should be pretty soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

Since starting my new job (not so new now, as I have been here for five months) my weight has slowly crept back up to nearly 10 stone, which is a lot for someone of my height (5 feet and half an inch), so knowing that my holiday is fast approaching, 2 weeks ago I went back to the "Fit for Life" regime which seems to suit me so well. The idea is basically that the body has three cycles - elimination, appropriation and assimilation, the elimination cycle lasting from around 4am to midday. In order not to interfere with that cycle and enable the body to get rid of all waste from the day before, you need to eat nothing but fruit during this time, fruit containing all the essential nutrients that we need in a form that can be quickly converted to glucose which is the fuel that the body needs. I have lost 2 1/2 lbs already during this time. This is not really a diet though, but a way of eating that needs for me at least to be adopted permanently. The only problem is that my employer does not like us eating other than when on our breaks, so I have had to devise some very sneaky ways of hiding the fruit in an empty glove box on my cleaning trolley !

The past few days I've been drinking water instead of orange juice (I hardly drink anything else, other than at breakfast time and on rare occasion hot chocolate, in the winter), to try and lose weight and be healthier. I've already lost quite a bit of weight! So far it's going quite well, I don't know if I'll keep it up though. I have to admit, the first few days I felt lightheaded and weak because my blood sugar level had dropped quite suddenly (because I wasn't drinking any orange juice in the day). I had a glass of orange juice on some days (one glass) to fix the problem. The past two days I haven't felt the weakness so that's good, I think my body is getting used to it. I will have to watch my vitamin C levels in a bit though, since most of my vitamin C came from orange juice (I think). My mum said if I drink some orange juice now and then it should be okay (she's a doctor so she generally knows about these things). I hope I can keep this up for a while, I should lose quite a bit of weight! Once I'm done with university, I plan to do some more exercise. Already I'm walking (at a relative fast pace) with the dog quite a lot (though that may lessen in a little while), that helps too.

Just a few changes such as that, Athena, can make a huge difference.  You are doing so well.  I'm very happy for you.

It does take our bodies time to acclimatize to changes like that.

Trip to San Francisco down the tubes.  grrr/bah! 

Diet not going well.  But at least not gaining, so I'm thankful for that. :)

My hip has been giving a little trouble, when I got on the treadmill, the joint at the top of my leg hurt, so I stopped.  Will try again soon though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've lost a few pounds recently. I've started running 4 times a week, and have been since April. It's doing wonders for my self-confidence and mood! Though boyfriend is concerned that I not lose more weight, but I know I have things under control. I know I'm stronger. 

Sending so much respect to all of you who are making an effort to be healthy despite ailments, and despite the pure torture of dieting.. the amount of self-control involved is immense! You're all really great (even when you relapse for a while) - keep at it!

• 3 weeks later...