Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

I've been doing moderately well diet-wise now, but I can never remember to weigh myself in the morning. Also, I need to start exercising again.

What to do when one's got the PMS munchies? I hate this time of the month. For a few days I think about food 24 hours a day. When that's over, it's the paranoia city and 'nobody wuvs me bohoo' for some days :rolleyes: And then one gets all bloated from the menstruation. Sooo annoying.

Do you guys give into the PMS munchies or work your way through it? I'm torn. It's only a couple of days, and I would mentally feel so much better if I just had something nice. But then the personal trainer in me goes all 'no excuses, missy!' :rolleyes:

A couple of decades ago..... lol, I decided that life was too darned short to not give in to, for example, chocolate cravings. Yes. I want to be fit. Yes, I want to fit into clothes that I have and can't at present wear. But ya know what? Those clothes will be there later, and maybe out of style. Then...there is an excuse, er reason to buy some new ones when I am at said weight.

All I'm trying to say is that there is no use in torturing ourselves by doing without constantly. We have to give in on occasion to maintain any sort of quality of life. Thankfully I am way past PMS and all that Jazz, but I remember it well. Hell on Earth would not be overstating the facts IMO. So. I say, give in to a small chocolate craving, or whatever your particular craving is. Your body is trying to tell you something. Listen to it.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't resist it either, though I do try to eat wholegrain stuff in the hope that I'm not doing as much harm, it's be too easy to just eat crisps and other rubbish. I find cous cous a good filler with roasted veg stirred in. Not ideal if you're on the Atkins diet though! :smile:

Oh, the PMS munchies... I had them last week and it was really awful. But I decided to give in, just for one day. At the end of it, so I had something to look forward during these days. I treated myself to one of my fave movies + something to eat that I really love. It felt good! The next day, I went right back to being healthy.

This week I've done 2 out of 3 weekly work-outs already. I felt too tired, but I did it anyway. Yay!

Also, I've lost 1,5 kilos last week, but it feels more. I should have measured myself (note to self: do it today then), I'm sure I've lost some centimeters on my tummy and my thighs.

I can't resist it either, though I do try to eat wholegrain stuff in the hope that I'm not doing as much harm, it's be too easy to just eat crisps and other rubbish. I find cous cous a good filler with roasted veg stirred in. Not ideal if you're on the Atkins diet though! :smile:

Wholegrain stuff is definitely a good thing! You've done better than I have ;-)

Also, I tried to cut back on fruit juices and drink water instead.

Edited by MysteryRose

Thanks guys for your words of wisdom! I gave in and went and bought chocolate chip cookies, a packet of eight. It's so weird that I craved for them, because I don't usually eat cookies at all, I go for chips or other salty stuff. Just goes to show that it was to do with PMS, imo.

Today I'm happy to find that my cravings seem to have stopped and I'm moving on. I'm gonna see if I can get myself to go and jog later on today.

MysteryRose, congratulations on the weight loss, you are doing a great job! :smile2:

Thanks Frankie! And go for that jog! ;-)

I've done work-out number 3 this morning and I will go for another round tomorrow. That makes 4 workouts for this week. I've also measured myself and will do so again next week.

PMS munchies? I tend to give in to them but without going totally OTT. I really think your body is in need of sugar at that time to replenish itself, so a couple of biscuits here and there or a little chocolate bar is OK, well that's my excuse anyway :P

PMS munchies? I tend to give in to them but without going totally OTT. I really think your body is in need of sugar at that time to replenish itself, so a couple of biscuits here and there or a little chocolate bar is OK, well that's my excuse anyway :P

You must be right. I am the kind of person who will treat herself to salty things, chocolate isn't really my thing. So if I'm PMSing, and my body craves chocolate chip cookies on a day or two, I think it's a pretty clear message that my body needs it.

I just ate a snickers. How bad from a scale of 9 - 10 is that?

That a pretty small scale :D It's not the end of the world. I hope you enjoyed it, don't feel guilty, but now go back to your dieting routines and exercising :)

I did go for the jog, I'm happy to say! I wanted to go yesterday, too, but my knee wasn't agreeing so I decided it was best not to. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go today, either, because I just bought new shoes yesterday and now I have a few blisters, darn it! :censored:

Oh! Almost forgot to mention...Even though I'm at the same weight loss (25 pounds), I have gone from wearing extra large pants down to the three new pairs of slacks I bought yesterday, in a MEDUIM!! :eek::D

On the way home yesterday evening, I wanted to stop at my favorite little shop that sells flax clothing. Well, OH said it would be dangerous...and it was! But had to buy them, smaller size.....hadda do it. :D

Edited by pontalba

so I'm nearly 40 and also nearly 40, I'm also nearly 6ft and if you draw a line round my body just below my nipples then thats where my weight shows. Thin ankles then wider and wider, then thinner again. I like cycling ,but i also like pubs.

Edited by dex

Oh! Almost forgot to mention...Even though I'm at the same weight loss (25 pounds), I have gone from wearing extra large pants down to the three new pairs of slacks I bought yesterday, in a MEDUIM!! :eek::D

On the way home yesterday evening, I wanted to stop at my favorite little shop that sells flax clothing. Well, OH said it would be dangerous...and it was! But had to buy them, smaller size.....hadda do it. :D

Good for you! That must be feeling great!

I've done reasonably well.

Although I seem not to have lost weight last week, I think this week it will continue to drop. I've definitely lost some centimeters on the right places! Yay!

I've finished 4 work-outs (1x 30 minutes, 3x 40 minutes) this week and I am proud of myself. It wasn't always easy though...

How have you all been doing recently? Sticking to it?

I've done reasonably well.

Although I seem not to have lost weight last week, I think this week it will continue to drop. I've definitely lost some centimeters on the right places! Yay!

I've finished 4 work-outs (1x 30 minutes, 3x 40 minutes) this week and I am proud of myself. It wasn't always easy though...

The amount of work out you do in a week is amazing and really inspiring! :) And the scales don't always tell the whole truth, measuring yourself is definitely a better way of knowing where you've lost weight. And you know, if the scales have been inactive last week, maybe this week you'll drop a bigger number! :)

I've been doing okay. I've been following the diet and I haven't been having any problems with that. I haven't been exercising as much as I would've liked to, my knee has been feeling really weird since last Saturday, and I really don't know what happened to it. Maybe it didn't like all that interval training :rolleyes: Today's the first day it's been feeling normal again, so I'm happy about that, I think it needed the rest.

Tomorrow's Midsummer Eve, so I might go out and have a few drinks, and I might treat myself to something nice. Midsummer Eve is a rather big deal over here so eventhough it's not my personal favorite holiday, I want to do something fun. Within reason, of course! (or hopefully...)

Oh and no change in weight, but aunt Flo's in town so that's neither here nor there. At least she didn't come with excess baggage, I haven't put any bloated kilos on either :giggle:

I've been doing okay. I've been following the diet and I haven't been having any problems with that. I haven't been exercising as much as I would've liked to, my knee has been feeling really weird since last Saturday, and I really don't know what happened to it. Maybe it didn't like all that interval training :rolleyes: Today's the first day it's been feeling normal again, so I'm happy about that, I think it needed the rest.

Be careful with your knee! You don't want to end up with permanent damage. You are running right? You do the proper warm-up and all that? Maybe the muscles of your knee are not strong enough yet for the running you do?

Enjoy the Midsummer Eve!

MysteryRose, It does feel wonderful, and the accomplishment is verra satisfying. :)

I haven't lost any more, but we'd gone off the reservation, and we'd both gained about 4 pounds, which are now, again, Gone. So, back on the diet seriously. With my back gone out, I haven't been on the treadmill, but am starting again today. That always pushes me over the hump so to speak with weight loss.

CB, eggs and mushrooms sound perfectly lovely!

Frankie, I was thinking that perhaps a knee brace would help support the knee for you. That way running would not be as much of a strain on it. Have you tried a brace? I've had to wear one on occasion, and, in fact have the sort of brace that can contain one of those soft ice packs. Boy, that helped a lot! Good luck. :)

I think the knee just maybe didn't like the speed I was going, because I was doing interval training. It's never complained after jogging, ever. So I'm going to keep this in mind and take it easier next time, and be really careful about how fast I run and how much I jog. I have a few friends who have bad knees and it can be a real pain and I don't want that to happen to me. I'm going to take it easy :)

I'm not doing too bad, and I've dropped a few pounds in the last couple of weeks. I have to fend for myself tonight, but instead of heading for a pizza, I've just made myself a lovely mushroom omelette, so in smug mode :D

Good for you!

MysteryRose, It does feel wonderful, and the accomplishment is verra satisfying. :)

I haven't lost any more, but we'd gone off the reservation, and we'd both gained about 4 pounds, which are now, again, Gone. So, back on the diet seriously. With my back gone out, I haven't been on the treadmill, but am starting again today. That always pushes me over the hump so to speak with weight loss.

Thanks!

And did you start again?

I think the knee just maybe didn't like the speed I was going, because I was doing interval training. It's never complained after jogging, ever. So I'm going to keep this in mind and take it easier next time, and be really careful about how fast I run and how much I jog. I have a few friends who have bad knees and it can be a real pain and I don't want that to happen to me. I'm going to take it easy :)

Good!

Been building it up gradually and now able to do twice as long on the Wii as when I started, so I'm keeping on track so far. :)

Great! I am feeling stronger now too and can do more challenging things now.

I think I've lost last week 1 kilo. Not much, but I see it in my clothes, so that's a good thing. I've done ok with eating in the weekend too and I am sticking to my 4 work-outs a week.

Thanks!

And did you start again?

Great! I am feeling stronger now too and can do more challenging things now.

I think I've lost last week 1 kilo. Not much, but I see it in my clothes, so that's a good thing. I've done ok with eating in the weekend too and I am sticking to my 4 work-outs a week.

Oh, yes. :D In fact I just got off the treadmill 5 minutes ago. Only for 22 minutes, but I'll go back on for another 22 after I have some tea and peanutbutter.

I put a DVD of Seinfeld on, and each episode is 22 minutes. Boy, does that make it go by quickly!!

I used to read my kindle on the treadmill, but the distance is odd for my glasses, and it wasn't restful, so switched to the tv. I laugh my way through it now.

I had wondered whether I would lose any more weight while I was away with all the walking I did (about 8-9 miles most days), but it seems not. I was a bit of a gannet mind you, with ice creams and cream teas ! At least I didn't put any more on.

How are you all doing?

I've done my 4 work-outs + had my first run in... 4 months I believe. My toe is getting better so I wanted to give it a try. I started very easy though. Of the 20 minutes I probably run 10. I ran with my son (6 yo) so I kept his pace too. I'll mesure myself tomorrow or Monday... Fingers crossed!