Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

I've resumed back to my daily hour of yoga - and feel good about it.

But I also have such a craving for all things sweet, which will be my undoing :hide:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My trousers are gradually becoming looser as well, despite the fact that I have eaten quite a lot of junk this week, when I weighed myself this morning I found that I had lost another couple of pounds. I am now 9 stone 6lbs, which although still a bit on the heavy side for someone of my height is less than I have been for at least 3 or 4 years.

Bought myself a mountain bike for the summer. Be nice to get out there and see different places.

I don't need to loose weight but would like to tone up more and loose an inch or 2 off my thighs as well as improve my overall fitness. Can't beat the buzz exercise gives you :D

Was meant to go the peak district on an 18 mile route over easter but sadly the weather was awful. I was really gutted. Hopefully it'll be nicer next weekend so we can go.

All the best guys. Just think of those beach bods ;)

Edited by Star

• 1 month later...

Hello peeps, how is everyone doing? I thought I'd bump this thread up. My spring efforts were rather useless, but now things seem to be getting better and I've managed to loose a few kilos and I'm going to work my behind off to loose a lot more! :) Right now I'm concentrating on the proper, healthy portion size, and I aim to start exercising more.

Hey there frankie! :) I'm glad you did bump it.

Well, we've still been on and off Atkins, but on for the last week again though, and I'm up to 23 pounds off. 12 more pounds to get back to what I was 2 years ago.

Really, it's a darned shame that the 5 pounds I've lost and gained, and lost again....a couple of times! can't count. heh. :D

Then I want to lose at least 10 more pounds after that. So, if I take "baby steps" it isn't so daunting.

Using the treadmill regularly again, and I know it helps. I have to laugh. Last night I couldn't sleep, so came downstairs and mucked online a bit, then got on the treadmill for 15 minutes. Not much I know, but extra all the same.

Thanks for the bumpage, Frankie!

I too am always wanting to lose some extra pounds, and now it's even more important since I've been ill. This extra weight is not doing me any good and I have to be realistic, it puts me at greater risk for problems in the future! I did manage to lose 26 lbs during my 4 weeks of leave, but a lot of that was the mass they removed and for the first couple weeks I was at home I just didn't feel like eating much.

I'm starting back at work tomorrow and even though I have to take it easy at first, I'll be at least getting the activity of walking the long way from my car to my cubicle and back. We also have a large pond outside my work with an island in the middle and nice walking trails so I'm determined to do some walking on my lunches.

I'm also seeing a dietician on 8th June, so hopefully I'll get some really good advice and tips from her :).

Good luck, everyone!

Guest Eliza1

I lost about 2 stone last year from not eating healthily, skipping meals etc and I put it all back on again. Luckily I caught it in time and now I eat healthily and go for a run every other day and practice yoga. I tend to put weight on my stomach also which is annoying, first place it goes on and the last place it comes off. I've just resigned myself to the fact now and with healthy eating and the exercise, hopefully one day I'll wake up and it won't be there anymore :P

LOL Wishful thinking. /sigh/ Doesn't work, I know, from sad experience. :doh::rolleyes:

Sure, of course it will work you two! You just haven't got to "one day" yet. Don't give up.

Patience + Perseverance = Progress

Last week was pretty horrid, I was visiting parents and you know what that can be like, they have cupboards full of cookies, buns, spnge cake, etc. Salads with mayo and all kinds of high-cal ingredients. I did more than my fair share of eating!

I'm afraid this week isn't any better, I have a flu and I'm just too lazy to cook anything healthy. Or anything, that is.

Last week was pretty horrid, I was visiting parents and you know what that can be like, they have cupboards full of cookies, buns, spnge cake, etc. Salads with mayo and all kinds of high-cal ingredients. I did more than my fair share of eating!

I'm afraid this week isn't any better, I have a flu and I'm just too lazy to cook anything healthy. Or anything, that is.

When you and Kylie come over I would like to cook you my healthy speciality meal, chicken in white wine and cream! Don't worry I have had plenty of practice, I cook it for the kids every week.

When you and Kylie come over I would like to cook you my healthy speciality meal, chicken in white wine and cream! Don't worry I have had plenty of practice, I cook it for the kids every week.

Ooooh, yum yum! As far as I'm concerned, it's a deal :D

I haven't managed to start an actual diet yet, but I was doing better for a while in that I was eating less junk...until the past week or so. I have no reason or excuse. It is what it is. :( Dinner sounds great, VF. I'm in!

My weight seems to be have stabilised for the momentat around 9 stone 5 lbs, which is still on the heavy side for someone of my height, but a good half stone less than I was at the beginning of the year. With my holiday a little over a week away, the thing I am most concerned with at the moment is avoiding wheat, as having got rid of all of my bloat, I want to make sure it stays that way!

Edited by Talisman

Sure, of course it will work you two! You just haven't got to "one day" yet. Don't give up.

Patience + Perseverance = Progress

Oh, yeah, each day is certainly a battle. We are using the Atkins approach, and when we stick, it is very effective.

Last night in the grocery we found (finally) the chocolate low carb ice cream that Bryers puts out. Yays all around!! We'd found the vanilla, but we both love chocolate, so this was a wonderful thing. Only one store in our area carries it. :eek:

Guess what we had when we got home?! LOL Yes, with Cool Whip on top. ON DIET :D

For me the diet starts after this upcoming bank holiday. A couple of days ago I bought Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, which is pretty interesting reading. I managed to lose about 10 pounds just before XMas by cutting down on carbs and sugar, and the best bit was that I wasn't ever hungry. It's the only 'diet' that has worked for me, so I thought I'd buy the book and do it properly. I need to lose about 2 stone, but I'd be happy losing 1. I guess I just have to wait and see as I don't really know my ideal weight unless I'm at it.

A couple of days ago I bought Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, which is pretty interesting reading. I managed to lose about 10 pounds just before XMas by cutting down on carbs and sugar, and the best bit was that I wasn't ever hungry.

It's been the most effective for me as well. I've tried numerous diets over the years, and this is the easiest for me to stick to and not starve all the time.

One thing though I'd like to mention to you. When I tried Atkins using their shakes etc, I didn't have as much success in losing weight. I stalled out in fact. If I just count carbs, and eat regular food, and stay below the limit of 20 carbs, and maybe 25 to 30 later down the line, I'm fine.

Good Luck! :D

Thanks Pontalba. Same here with trying numerous diets, and all of them (bar Atkins) made me absolutely obsessed with food. It was all I could think about, planning all my meals - thinking, if I eat this now, then I can't have this for dinner, therefore I'll have to cut back on this as well, ad infinitum. The thing that shocked me about Atkins, is that after my breakfast I wouldn't even think about food until about 11am. On other diets, I'd be thinking about food at about 9am, trying to concentrate on my work but constantly thinking about how hungry I was. I won't use the Atkins shakes (I bet they are very expensive), as I found it very easy to stick to before just using regular food. I don't think I stuck to under 20 carbs either - I never measured my food out, I just made sure I avoided bread, rice, pasta, sugar, fruit, and limited my potatoes (can't cut roasties out unfortunately :giggle:), and I still lost 10 pounds easily.

I shall keep you all updated with how I get on. :D

I am finally joining this topic too. I also want to get in shape, but I've been procratinating. I started running in March (I'd stopped running during the winter months) but then I broke my toe (2 months ago). Great. I still can not walk properly in my shoes, so I am mostly wearing my flip flops and running is of course out of the question. Of course I could do other things, like using my home trainer or orther excercise, but I've been putting it off... Untill just now. I put on an excercise DVD and worked out for about 30 minutes. It felt good and I am actually proud of my self. Even though I should have done this a while ago... I have a month before I go on vacation and want to loose at least 5 kilos. Besides working out, I have to watch what I eat. I am not really going on a diet, I just have to stop eating bad stuff, like chocolate puddings and cake, which I love toooooooooooooo much.

Btw, you are talking a lot about stones here, how much is a stone?

I'm still bouncing up and down on the 25 pounds lost mark. 24 today, but it's always like that. Hit a mark and bounce for a few days. I know I shouldn't weigh every day. But, and I admit it, it's a compulsion! lol We're sticking closer to Atkins as we'd gone off the mark somewhat at least once a week. That hurt our progress. /sigh/ But we are doing our exercises, me on the treadmill, and my OH on the stationary bike, each on an half hour. We also are starting to do some weights.

I've often wondered the same thing, MRose. You inspired me to look it up...It appears that 1 stone = 14 pounds = 6.35 kilos.

Thanks! :-)

I've already worked out twice this week and I am hurting in all the right places. At least I know that I am working the muscles I want to get working! lol And now I am getting ready for workout number 3. I am keeping away from all the sugery stuff, but it's not easy though...

I've been doing moderately well diet-wise now, but I can never remember to weigh myself in the morning. Also, I need to start exercising again.

What to do when one's got the PMS munchies? I hate this time of the month. For a few days I think about food 24 hours a day. When that's over, it's the paranoia city and 'nobody wuvs me bohoo' for some days :rolleyes: And then one gets all bloated from the menstruation. Sooo annoying.

Do you guys give into the PMS munchies or work your way through it? I'm torn. It's only a couple of days, and I would mentally feel so much better if I just had something nice. But then the personal trainer in me goes all 'no excuses, missy!' :rolleyes: