Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I was going to wait for my period before starting my diet - it never arrived. Have bun in oven. Will now be dropping out of the weight loss challenge. :wink:

But best of luck to all you ladies and possibly even some gents. And yay for Frankie with another kilo down.

Perhaps I can weigh in with my weight gains :giggle2:

Omg congratulations!!! :hug: I wish you all the best!!

Congrats LM! :D Such exciting news!

I have been "trying" (I.e. thinking about and occasionally acting on the impulse to) lose weight for the past few years. I'll go through bouts where I'm really good and work out consistently for a few months and then I'll get lax and gain it all back. But I've been going to the gym recently and actually just made myself join an adult soccer (or futbol, for most of you ;) ) league to force myself to stay active; and so far its working. I've lost about 5 pounds in the last week, but I'm going to wait and see if I can maintain it over the next few weeks as I know the first few you lose is generally water weight.

For anyone interested, a website that I have found EXTREMELY helpful insofar as motivating me and keeping me informed about how best to lose weight according to my body is Sparkpeople . If any of you are on it, you should friend me! My user name is Bastionsgirl. Its got loads of great information and user forums to help you figure out what you can do to help yourself get healthy.

Edited by Kasei

Lefty, that's amazing! You've done an awesome job, congratulations!!! :friends3:

I had a horrible week last week and ate crap to be honest, but I've now managed to get back on track, lost the kilos I put on last week and now I've even lost an extra kilo. I bought loads of healthy food yesterday and I don't have to go to a groceryshop for a while, that should keep me away from temptations. I'm also going to start some kind of an exercise routine. And I've now been able to NOT smoke for a while. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself at the moment and I'm hoping to keep up :)

Ladymacbeth and Lefty_UK, congratulations to both of you for very different reasons!

I had just started going to Slimming World before I had to take Alex to hospital, where I had a week where I ate nothing but crisps, sweets and sandwiches as well as taking two sugars in my tea which I don't usually, but I have still lost 8 pounds in three weeks. I like the Slimming World plan because you can basically eat as much as you like, and still have chocolate or crisps or whatever every day if you want! I don't do their new Extra Easy plan, though, I do the old Original and Green days plan as I think it is more effective.

Okay so I was going to wait for my period before starting my diet - it never arrived. Have bun in oven. Will now be dropping out of the weight loss challenge. :wink:

But best of luck to all you ladies and possibly even some gents. And yay for Frankie with another kilo down.

Perhaps I can weigh in with my weight gains :giggle2:

Fantastic news, congratulations!

I started Weight watchers in June and have lost 37 1/2 pounds now - I have dropped 1 and a bit dress sized. It's incredible. I'm not half way there yet but am still going strong :D

I am in awe. :D Great success sticking to your program!

I've lost a few pounds, but haven't really been dieting officially. Cutting down some, smaller portions, and going against the usual advice of eating many small meals a day. LOL through experience I've found eating one small meal, and one medium meal a day works for me. Maybe a small treat in-between.

We haven't been to the gym in a week, mostly because of all the time consuming dumb things life throws at one. Haven't given it up by a long shot though. We'll get lots of exercise tomorrow though, moving furniture around, and shelving books on the new bookcases arriving tomorrow.....at last! :b7ydance:

congratulations from me, too :balloons: that's great :)

I started Weight watchers in June and have lost 37 1/2 pounds now - I have dropped 1 and a bit dress sized. It's incredible. I'm not half way there yet but am still going strong :D

That's awesome!!

I started WW on January 3rd this year and I have lost 4,6 kilos so far. :jump:

That is so exciting, LMB! Minus of the weightloss aspect we can still be here to support you in eating healthy throughout your pregnancy (avoid any potato chip/olive/nutella sandwiches that your baby may be craving) and encourage you in any other way we can. :D Have you considered doing any of those prenatal workout classes like yoga or water aerobics?

Congratulations, Lefty! What a huge accomplishment!

I am in the process of going from a standing/walking/running around 100% of the time job to a sitting 100% of the time one and am getting nervous about potential weight gain from the change. Does anyone have any tips on how to make a transition like this easier on my body? I obviously need to focus more on my diet, but I'm most worried about my physical strength. Maybe joining a gym would be the best option, but I worry about getting a long term contract and then not using it enough to make it worth the money.

Congrats LM! :D Such exciting news!

I have been "trying" (I.e. thinking about and occasionally acting on the impulse to) lose weight for the past few years. I'll go through bouts where I'm really good and work out consistently for a few months and then I'll get lax and gain it all back. But I've been going to the gym recently and actually just made myself join an adult soccer (or futbol, for most of you ;) ) league to force myself to stay active; and so far its working. I've lost about 5 pounds in the last week, but I'm going to wait and see if I can maintain it over the next few weeks as I know the first few you lose is generally water weight.

For anyone interested, a website that I have found EXTREMELY helpful insofar as motivating me and keeping me informed about how best to lose weight according to my body is Sparkpeople . If any of you are on it, you should friend me! My user name is Bastionsgirl. Its got loads of great information and user forums to help you figure out what you can do to help yourself get healthy.

I'll friend you on sparkpeople, I'm anisia85 (I think :rolleyes: ) there! I love the site, used it a couple of years ago and lost quite a lot of weight with it in a very healthy manner. I've been back on it for about a month and a half now, I find it VERY motivating!

I'm feeling good about myself, I don't think I've lost any weight yet, or not that I've noticed.. I don't weigh, I go on how good I think my body looks. Note, I weigh about 68 kg for 1.72m lenght.

But I joined the gym, did fitness, doing it again this week with a friend, and last saturday I started zumba classes, it's great! I sweated like a pig, it's very intense, and fun! Very very much so. I have sore muscles too hee hee. But I will continue with zumba, and try to do that and fitness both at least once a week. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I fell of the wagon...Yep that was what that big thud was. I didn't want to weigh my self because I was scared of the numbers. Why is it so scary? It just felt like I know I've been treating my self like crap and I don't want to face just how bad it is.

Well about two weeks ago I decided to face my fear and take responsibility, cause honestly nobody has been force feeding me all that junk, I did it all by myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought I had gained the kilos I had lost this summer but not more and it wasn't as much as it had been. I didn't believe it at first cause I felt bigger then I had ever felt. But after testing all three scales at my parents house I came to the conclusion that it must be correct.

So Monday last week my lovely OH said we should try the Dukan diet. I said no because well I'm honestly sick and tired of all these fad diets. But he told me just two weeks, if it works great you've lost some weight and then you can do whatever, if it doesn't then at least you will have lost the sugar addiction (normally takes about two weeks for me before the cravings stops). So we did, and no it's 1,5 weeks later and I've lost 2,5 kilos and he's lost more then 5 I think! Yes it water weight to some extent but it feels great and it wasn't that hard and my stomach is not sticking out. I'm not gonna stick with it for life but I think I'll try another two weeks just to get a head start. :-)

Great job getting back on track, Rose! I think one of the main things in losing weight successfully is not giving up immediately after every set-back, no matter how tiny or big. Keep up the good work :friends3:

I've now lost 7 kilos in total, I'm now officially not obese anymore but overweight, and today I reached another milestone: the eighties :cool:

Well I think I am also starting to notice itty bitty changes on my body, like I said before am not a fan of the scales, for one I don't want to know how much I gained in the last couple of years (I was happy with my body at 62 kg, now I think it's more like 68, seems a lot on my body too, makes my tummy stick out over the wasteband of my jeans a bit, ugh) but also because I'd rather just see the effects on my body.

I had a bad weekend though, too much sweets and food. But I did go to zumba this weekend and a little fitness afterwards so that's ok. This week I'm going exercising three or four times.. one is yoga/pilates/tai chi so not high impact, other is zumba and I am going for fitness at least once, with minimum of 20 minutes cardio. So if I keep this up for a few weeks I should begin to see more results? I hope.. ;)

And I'm starting more work for internship again so I'll be busier too. And I am biking to work this afternoon, half hour to, half hour back. :)

• 9 months later...

It's that time of the year, isn't it? My 2nd New Year's resolution is to start working out again, since I've had a slight break to put it mildly.

I'm going to join the gym down the street from me, and do spinning classes there! What about the rest of you lot? Any health-related NYE resolutions out there?

Yup, another resolution time is upon us. /sigh/

We've both started Atkins, and as soon as OH's root canal heals, [that's tomorrow], we'll get back to the gym. I do feel much more motivated for some reason this time. Maybe the third time really is the charm. :P