Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw ladymacbeth :empathy: No matter how awful the pre-menstruals are, there's always the positive side: they must end at some point.... :rolleyes: To start the real biatch that is sometimes called the period... but that fortunately ends too, at some point... only to begin again some weeks later.... :rolleyes: Don't we just love being women?

I've been really down the last couple of days, I feel like just laying on the bed and feeling sorry for myself. Then I checked my calender and realised I'm also pre-menstruating. Yay... I swear, I could eat a horse right about now.

Edited by frankie

Hey guys. I thought I would share this site. I'm using it to try and get myself to eat more fruit and veg. It turns your health related goals into a game. You set yourself 'tasks' and if you do them you get points, if you don't you loose points, you can add your own reward and punishment too, it's helping me, so far at least

That sounds fantastic Lucy I always think I need to eat more fruit and veg, I try and have a triple fruit smoothie (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) with yoghurt for breakfast or a bannana one made with peanut butter and skimmed milk (which is lovely) they take seconds to make and fill you up really nicely.

I really want to lose some weight too, 5 kilos or something, ideally 10, though that would put me at my minimum weight I'd like. I still like me some curves after all, and unfortunately when I lose weight it seems to be taken from my most precious curves (bum and boobs) instead of my most hated ones (stomach and thighs).. so I have been enquiring about this gym very near me.. I'd thought it would be very expensive (cause it's not a discount gym or anything) but turns out it's just either 16 or 26 euros a month, depending if you want to exercise 5 or 14 times a month. You can do fitness, but also group classes, like yoga, zumba, body pump, steps, spinning, and a class for training belly, bum and ehh.. legs. Here it's called BBB (billen, benen, buik). But anyway, it's only 10 minutes walking away, and 5 by bike, so the threshold of me actually GOING there is low. Me thinks I am going to go, besides, will be fun maybe, zumba in particular seems hilarious. ;)

:friends0: That's for all you pmt sufferers, all I can say is it gets better around age 50+. Once you're through the menopause, you don't get the moods or mushy brain. Unfortunately, it gets harder to shift the 'middle age spread.' :blush:

I joined Weight Watchers today, and the husband is already trying to sabotage my efforts :irked: but I'm not going to let him get to me. Mum & my kids are helping and I'll make full use of the support from you my dears, go us! :friends3:

Fiddlesticks, have been like a bear with a sore head for 3 days. Realised I was confused about when my period was coming and it's not due for another 3 days. Now realise I have just been grumpy and greedy for no particular reason!

Am still not going to start diet until period comes.

Today was not good - ate a bag of lollies on way home from work. realised I'm premenstrual - diet to begin after period. Sorry if TMI people.

/groan/ I'm so thankful to be over that, although menopause is no fun at all. But that's over too..... :b7ydance:

:friends0: That's for all you pmt sufferers, all I can say is it gets better around age 50+. Once you're through the menopause, you don't get the moods or mushy brain. Unfortunately, it gets harder to shift the 'middle age spread.' :blush:

I joined Weight Watchers today, and the husband is already trying to sabotage my efforts :irked: but I'm not going to let him get to me. Mum & my kids are helping and I'll make full use of the support from you my dears, go us! :friends3:

Re middle age spread...I've found the exercise really helps. Plus we have a second story, and going up and down real steps is wonderful for all of that.

I'm fortunate, my OH is dieting too, and supports me completely.....his only exception is loving to stop at Starbucks...! Oh well, he is so close to perfect, I can't gripe.

I am wondering if any of you have tried using a kettle bell, it is not that expensive and seems to tone up and lose calories quickly. Also , don't laugh , but oh well. I belly dance. Of course I do the ballet and that is precious to me but the other is fun in private anyway and does eat up the calories. I hate the pm, I could scream.literally,I feel so unreal sometimes.

But oh well.

Oooh I'd love to belly dance, but at the moment I think I'd be too self-conscious, wiggling my stuff infront of strange people. But I can do that at home for the time being.

Last night I put on some great tunes from the precious 90s and danced for about an hour, I broke me a nice sweat.

No change in weight but I don't expect anything til I'm over my period. I danced for an hour again today, it's been years since I've had so much fun dancing. It really helps when I get all my favorite techno and dance and hiphop songs from the 80s and 90s going. I've had pleasurable nostalgia trips :)

I've seen some instructional videos on You Tube, or is it U Tube? Anyhow, for belly dancing I mean. Man one needs to be coordinated! I think I'll look them up again. :cool:

Been verra bad today. Bought some baklava and a couple of verra small bundt cakes. OH and I should not go to the grocery whilst hungry. /sigh/ Oh well, it'll be gone in a couple of days and we'll be back on track. :lurker:

^I haven't weighed in a while, mainly because I KNOW I've put on weight. I see it on my body, which is what I go by, not really on the amount of weight I lose. Or gain. :( BUT I finally went to the gym today, and they were great there, I have an introductory fitness lesson (which will probably take 1,5 hours rightaway, instructions, goals, etc) next thursday. Made the appointment for tuesday, then went to the store, and ehm.. bought some stuff and realized that tuesday is the day my period will start again, and the day I always suffer the worst period pains, even with painkillers. So I rescheduled, no point in starting that day. Stupid. ;)

But am proud that after years of thinking about it, I finally just did it today. Now, I just have to buy sporting clothes, mainly some trousers and trainers, since all I have is tattered ten year old nikes. :giggle2:

That it brilliant Univerze! Sometimes, the worst bit is actually starting it.

I have started going to the gym again after thinking about it for a few weeks. I went on Friday night and again this morning as I knew that it would be quiet. I actually quite enjoyed it ('enjoyed' may not be the correct word, but you know what I mean :D ). It was quite nice to forget everything and listen to some music for an hour.

I am going to try and go a couple of times during the week. I think that I am going to have to go straight from work, because if I go home first, I wouldn't wanna leave the house again :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Kimmy, I'm so happy to hear about you going to the gym again :)

How's everyone doing? I haven't had a chance to weigh myself on my own scales for a week now, but according to BF's scales I've lost a kilo since I've been here. I'm hoping my home scales agree.

Okay so I was going to wait for my period before starting my diet - it never arrived. Have bun in oven. Will now be dropping out of the weight loss challenge. :wink:

But best of luck to all you ladies and possibly even some gents. And yay for Frankie with another kilo down.

Perhaps I can weigh in with my weight gains :giggle2: