Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

If you enjoy Neverwhere a millionth of how much I adored it, you'll soon be reading a lot more fantasy Lynn :D it's one of those few books to ever have made me say, 'I wanted to write that.'

Against impossible odds, I've managed to read another 10 pages of Eyes Like Stars today; I'm nearly a third in now (shock statement!!!).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Push last night. Such a great novel! the subject matter was difficult, as well as the writing but i love books that evoke emotions! Precious is a tough girl! (I'm also glad it wasn't a true story) I highly recommend this book :D

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it all the way til the end, although I wasn't expecting anything else :irked:

I read almost 200 pages of Helter Skelter yesterday. I wish I could finish it today but there's still like 260 pages left.

Just finished 4th of July by James Patterson and was really good. Liked the ending. Even though there was an issue I felt was left unanswered. I do have The 5th Horseman on my TBR pile so I will read that one once I had caught up with my pile of library books.

I am reading Eternal by Cynthia Leitch Smith next. Blurb at the back seems interesting:

CLASSIFIED ADS: WANTED Personal assistant to Her Royal Highness. Duties: Whatever is asked, without hesitation, including but not limited to secretarial / administrative, household, defence, blood donation, driving, companionship, prey disposal, and love slavery. At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high school theatre wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, Zachary, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, demoted to human guise as the princess

I finished reading the Penguin Guide to Punctuation and got through one whole chapter of The Well of Lost Plots. I'm doing a 2-day course for work so my reading time is very limited at the moment.

Woo Hoo my books arrived from Amazon today well 3 of them did, one the latest Rachel Vincent - Shift (if you like the Kelley Armstrong you might like these and 2 Modesty Blaise: Pieces of Modesty and Sabre Tooth if you like strong women and adventures although written in the 1960's and 70's they are great works of escapist fiction and only over the last couple of years been re-released. they are by Peter O'Donnell and based originally on a comic strip. I love them and thats my reading sorted for the next few days..roll on the weekend!!!:D

I have only just finished 'The Green Mile'by Stephen King which I loved immensly.Im soon going to start on 'Things I Want My Daughters To Know' by Elizabeth Noble.

Gee...this forum is doing me the world of good with my reading..:D

Finished off the last 100 or so pages of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 last night, amazing novel. Read The Cask of Amontillado by none other than Poe and started another chapter of The Book Thief earlier :D

eread 100 pages of Eternal today. I have done no work today, and the pile in my intray is huuuuge!!! :D

Anyway the book is plodding along Ok, a couple little things are niggling me, but I seem to be flying through it so it can't be that bad.

I have 3 main books on the go atm, can't stop myself from switching, nothing bad in the case of each individual book its just my mind switching from one thing to another, need something for different moods. First one is 'Deep Time' (about cladistics) - Henry Gee, secondly The Road' - Cormac McCarthy and thirdly The Crimson Petal and the White -Michel Faber - all enjoyable! :D

Just posted two books off to Switzerland to a fellow bookcrosser.

'Twenty Wishes' ~ Debbie Macomber (started it as a bookring so if you are a bookcrosser and want to join, PM me via bookcrossing)

'A Good Yarn' ~ Debbie Macomber

Have been reading about 20 pages a night of Bait each day this week. Am now about 100 pages in and still unsure how much I am enjoying it. There is lots going on and lots of characters and as I am reading on short bursts I am struggling to follow everything. Will get a good session in over the weekend and this may help.

I have 3 main books on the go atm, can't stop myself from switching, nothing bad in the case of each individual book its just my mind switching from one thing to another, need something for different moods. First one is 'Deep Time' (about cladistics) - Henry Gee, secondly The Road' - Cormac McCarthy and thirdly The Crimson Petal and the White -Michel Faber - all enjoyable! :smile2:

Loved this book. Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

Didn't read much yesterday, as I lost the afternoon to my writing, so only about 50 pages of The Anubis Gates. Shame, as I was hoping to have it finished today.

I finished American Gods, what a great book!

Got Collected Works of Shakespeare, a pretty copy of Dracula and Sophie's World in the post and I have already started reading Sophie's World it's interesting but I don't think I could read it for long periods of time because the information will stop going in.

Im soon going to start on 'Things I Want My Daughters To Know' by Elizabeth Noble.

Gee...this forum is doing me the world of good with my reading..:smile2:

Good luck - I loved this book!

My husband bought me a wonderful Roald Dahl book set and I've read:

Esio Trot

The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me

The Magic Finger

This is the set:

th_P1141_26-03-10.jpg

th_P114101_26-03-10.jpg

th_P1140_26-03-10.jpg