Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple of days new bookless and having to re-read some old favourites i have been lent

Fludd - Hilary Mantell

Murder on the Leviathan - Boris Akunin

will have to see if I like this Mantel having found others very odd.

I hope you enjoy the Boris Akunin book Pickle. I've read quite a few of them (although not that particular one) and they are very good. The hero, Erast is quite a quirky fellow, rather reminds me of Poirot in a lot of ways.:lol:

I'm getting into the Sixth Lamentation, I read a bit more yesterday and am quite enjoying it.

I'm getting into the Sixth Lamentation, I read a bit more yesterday and am quite enjoying it.

Currently reading The Railway Detective by Edward Marston and I'm enjoying it so far. It's quite interesting to read a mystery book set in the 1800's as I've never really read any before apart from The Bone Garden, which switches between the current day and the 1800's..

I had a copy of 'The Sixth Lamentation but for some reason never got round to reading it! Let me know how you get on with it!

Currently reading The Railway Detective by Edward Marston and I'm enjoying it so far. It's quite interesting to read a mystery book set in the 1800's as I've never really read any before apart from The Bone Garden, which switches between the current day and the 1800's..

I had a copy of 'The Sixth Lamentation but for some reason never got round to reading it! Let me know how you get on with it!

Will do Melisa:)

I've read the Railway Detective and loved it. I'm fascinated by books centred around the age of Steam.

Today I bought pristine hardcover versions of book 8 and 9 in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Secondhand versions, from our secondhand book store (yes, pretty much the only one), one for 10 euros, other for 12,50. Yay. :D

Only reading the third book now still, but now the paperback versions cost me about 10 euros, rather have hardbacks. :lol:

After about half an hour ho-humming over several other books, I finally decided on ordering these from Amazon:

The Lone Ranger & Tonto Fistfight In Heaven - Sherman Alexie

Flowers For Algernon - Daniel Keyes

Dracula: His Life & Times - Radu Florescu

^ Those three weren't in question. The next two were:

The Art Of Racing In The Rain - Garth Stein

Quantum - Manjit Kumar

So yay! Books coming in the post, always makes me happy.

The ones I decided against (just for now) were:

The Once & Future King - T. H. White

Dorian: An Imitation - Will Self

The Maze Runner Trilogy - James Dashner

Dracula: The Dragon Prince - Michael Augustyn.

Ordered these from Amazon:

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

About Face by Donna Leon (the latest in the Inspector Guido Brunetti series)

The Gate House by Nelson DeMille

and have read another 70 pages of Wuthering Heights

I'll be shoving Heresy by S.J. Parris into my purse today, hopefully I'll find the time to start it!
When I started reading this I wondered what you were going to say...:lol:

:D I was thinking what a big purse Abi must have - until I realised she must mean handbag! :lol:

When I started reading this I wondered what you were going to say...:lol:

:D Perhaps 'purse' is the wrong word as I actually use a messenger bag complete with all your typical purse nesessities, sketch book, notebook and usually a bottle of water or a Diet Coke. Just to clarify.

I haven't actually opened Heresy yet today. The brain just isn't in it.

I just finished Human Harbour by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I was a little disappointed with the ending but all in all a great read.

I think I'm going to start reading Helter Skelter next, but we'll see.

I'm waiting with bated breath :lol:

33 pages read so far, it's mighty creepy! I was reading it in bed last night and I have to say I was really jumpy about all the normal noises in my apartment.

Today my mom bought me Push by Sapphire. I can't wait to read it! :lol:

Oooh, that's a good one! I hope you enjoy it :D