Looking for a book!! please help!

I read an amazing book last summer, but cannot remember the title. Hope somebody have read the same book, and can help with me the title:

The book takes place in Haiti, Port Au Prince. Its about a grandmother, her granddaughter and their made. The grandaughter is of mixed race, which is a problem for the high class grandmother. The grandaughter ends up getting pregenant by an american soldier, and moves to the States to live with her mother. Her mother ends up being a prostitute and drug addict. The grand daughter puts her child up for adoption, and also moves away from her mother.

We also hear the story about the family maid, who was sent to work for the family by her father. He comes once a month and collects her wages.

After her friend (the grandaughter) moves away, she finally get the nerve to quit her job and get a real one. She ends up fleeing the country when, what I think was a civil war, with a british older man. They end up getting married.

the story ends with all the parties meeting in Haiti after the grandmother dies. They find out that the maid and grandaughter was related.

Have anybody read this book? I thought it was called Hot chocolate, but did not find a book with that title.

I really hope somebody can help me, it was a great book and I regret trading it.

Hanne