Diana Wynne Jones

Cookie

Apologies if theres another thread but I couldn't find it.

I've only read The Merlin Conspiracy by this auther but really enjoyed it.

Has anyone else read anything by her and if so what recomendations would you give for me to read next by her?

Thanks in advance:D

You have to read the Chrestomanci books, the first book is Charmed Life :roll: Also try Howl's Moving Castle, Castle In The Air and House Of Many Ways or the Dalemark books starting with Cart and Cwidder! She's one of my favourite authors :D

No problems, you should also add Fire & Hemlock and Hexwood to your list - hope you enjoy them :D Oh, seeing as you've read The Merlin Conspiracy you should also try Deep Secret which is set in the same universe and was actually written about 6 years before TMC!

• 2 years later...

I've only read Fire and Hemlock by Wynne Jones but I absolutely loved it. I read it in 2008 and unfortunately didn't write a review on it, so I have to say I remember very little of it, but I remember being in awe of the book. It was so atmospherical.

Does anyone know which books by Wynne Jones would be the closest in style and theme as F&H, I've been meaning to read something else by her for years but I've never known which book(s) to try?

I second Howl's Moving Castle! Both the book and the movie are awesome. :) It's actually the first of a trilogy, but I don't believe that they are particularly connected (they focus on different characters and different adventures), so if you only wanted to read the first one, that should be no problem. I enjoyed the first one enough that I hope to read the others eventually.

• 1 month later...