Another Newbie Post

Laura-Jade

Hello everyone :)

My name is Laura, from Lancashire, I'm 18 and a receptionist. I've always been a big reader and, as an only child, had plenty of opportunity to form a love of books.

I have quite a varied range of tastes. I love reading horror and thriller, as well as mystery novels. I love any kind of murder mystery! I also enjoy chick-lit and romance novels, I see them as a way of escaping the humdrum of daily life.

I'm also trying to make my way through some of the classics. I've fallen in love with Jane Austen's writing and, because of various English Literature assignments when I was in high school, I also enjoy Gothic literature - namely Stoker and Shelley.

My parents often joke that I should buy shares in Waterstone's because I spend so much time in there :D I also frequent my local secondhand bookshop a bit too much!

From what I've seen of the forum, you all seem to be a friendly bunch and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in :)

I apologise for the massive introduction - I talk almost as much as I read!