Sign in to follow this  
darren2k

Please recommend a recent horror book

Ive never read a "horror" book, so am hoping somebody can recommend one for me which! Ideally I am hoping for something new, something that hasnt made the transition onto film, and something that will scare me silly!

Might I reccommend Through A Glass, Darkly by Bill Hussey?

It's very recent, less than two years old and a debut novel. It has some elements of classic horror, it certainly dances around some lines if it doesn't cross them (it can be VERY gory in places, for example) but the main focus is most definitely the development of rich characters and more subtle psychological horror that oftens tends to be rather a lot more scary. I was completely enthralled by this book, it has a bit of everything it needs to be a great scary story, but not at the expense of being a well rounded novel.

Amazon link.

I was just going to recommend the same as Nollaig! I've recently lent it to a friend of mine who really enjoys horror, and both her and husband thought it was brilliant.

Darren

Read this: a terrible Beauty by Graham Masterton. I have just done a quick snopsis of it in the horror book zone... brilliant.

I have been soimpressed by your recommendation Nollaig that I have just ordered a copy from Amazon... I will review at a later stage... I also love great horror :).

Edited by BookJumper

I have been soimpressed by your recommendation Nollaig that I have just ordered a copy from Amazon... I will review at a later stage... I also love great horror :).

Haha cool! :lol: