Favorite Actor or Actress

kikee

, Sharlto Copley (I think his only film is District 9 but I loved him in it!)

Wholeheartedly agree - he was so good in District 9! Apparently (I may be wrong) I think he was due to be an extra on the set but they made him lead, risky but very good move.

Favourite actors; Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Cary Grant, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Hugh Laurie, Kate Winslet, Jennifer Morrison.

Meryl Streep, Toni Collette, Hugh Laurie, Sally Field, Adam Sandler, Tom Hanks, Helena Bonham Carter, Robin Williams, Emma Thompson, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Sigrid Thornton, Jeremy Irons, Jodie Foster, Dustin Hoffman, Geoffrey Rush, Morgan Freeman, Bill Nighy, Ren

My all time favourite actor, bar none, is Jeff Bridges. I have been a fan of his for many many years. He is an absolutely superb actor and a charitable man as well.

I also really like Benicio Del Toro (brilliant actor and yummy too), Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, John Cusack and Johnny Depp.

Ooh I like Gael Garcia Bernal too, particularly in The Science of Sleep and Amores Perros :D

I agree, he's pretty easy on the eye and really good in 'Amores Perros'!

My favourite actor has always been Jack Nicholson. I love how he has that 'I'm up to no good' look about him. I enjoyed seeing him most in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and About Schmidt. However, I'm becoming a bit of a Michael Sheen fan after seeing him in Frost/Nixon a few weeks ago. He was amazing!

As for my favourite actress, it has to be Julie Walters. I loved her most in Educating Rita.....there's just something about her. When she's on the screen I literally can't take my eyes off her. :D

I have loads. Nicolas Cage, Tom Hanks, Jake Gyllenhaal, John Hannah, Jude Law, Jim Carey, Robin Williams, Kevin Spacey, Richard Gere, Ed Norton, Meg Ryan, Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts,Thora Birch, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman.

At the moment the one's that come to mind are:

Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Audrey Tautou, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Winslet, Helena Bonham Carter, Julia Roberts, Juliette Binoche, Julie Walters, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, Hugh Laurie, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant

Wow there are just so many great actors and actresses it's difficult to pick a favourite.

A few off the top of my head that I love are: John Cusack, Ed Norton, Jack Nicholsan, Ray Winston, Richard Briers, Julie Walters, Helena Bonham Carter, Miranda Richardson, Emma Thompson, Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman...

I am sure I could go on ... and on and on :readingtwo:

Has to be Laurence Olivier for me.

Also like Sean Bean, Marlon Brando, Orson Welles, Kevin Spacey

Women:

Bette Davis, Judi Dench, Audrey Hepburn, Imelda Staunton.

Actors

kevin spacey

denzil washington

ray winstone

matthew perry

phillip seymore hoffman

kenneth brannagh

stephen fry

Dennis Quaid

Al pacino

clive owen

actresses

audrey hepburn

meryl streep

sandra bullock

barbara strisand

shirley mclaine

meg ryan

nicole kidman

• 2 years later...

I'm big fan of Arnold.He is my favorite actor in Hollywood.Almost every movie I have seen Like:

Predator

Raw Deal

Commando

Red Sonja 1

The Terminator

Conan the Destroyer

Conan the Barbarian

Hercules in New York

Share with me your favorite actor name....

Orson Welles is one of my all time favorites, although as mentioned above there is Gable, Holden, Kelly, and Mitchum. For some reason I have never cared much for Paul Newman and I can't put my finger on why. I know he is/was wildly popular. Just didn't appeal to me.

Robert Downey, Jr. was fantastic as Charlie Chaplin but he seems not to be going for the roles that would showcase his true talent. /darn it/

I'd not heard of Daniel Craig before his new role as James Bond, but I've seen a few of his other films, and that fellow has the necessary acting chops to be great.

Sophia Loren is as excellent an actress as she is gorgeous.

Ingrid Bergman

Cary Grant

Gregory Peck

Richard Basehart

Sean Connery

Christopher Plummer

There's actually an old thread for this http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/5323-favorite-actor-or-actress

I'm sure one of our lovely mods will be along shortly to merge :)

My favourite old school actors are Katherine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant, but I'll have to have a think about some more current ones ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Robert Downey Jnr

Thomas Hardy

Robert Mitchum (especially in 'The Night of the Hunter')

I am sure there is more. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I find it very difficult to select a favorite actor as there are so many great ones, and for me, they certainly include Paul Newman. And, to top it off, there were few if any actors that gave more of himself to mankind. He was as unselfish a person as comes along. His contributions to children were to be envied.

Newman was great in many different movies. His portrayal in Minnessota Fats was great.

I find it very difficult to select a favorite actor as there are so many great ones, and for me, they certainly include Paul Newman. And, to top it off, there were few if any actors that gave more of himself to mankind. He was as unselfish a person as comes along. His contributions to children were to be envied.

Newman was great in many different movies. His portrayal in Minnessota Fats was great.

Loved him in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting :smile:

• 2 weeks later...