Please help! You might know what I'm on about!

Hi

Basically im trying desperatly to think of a book that I read a couple of years ago (im 18, so some of you might even be reading it now!)

I can think of the whole storyline but cannot remember the author, title or even character names!

If you can figure out the book im on about than give yourself a pat on the shoulder and please please tell me the name of it!!

This is it:

A young girl, she lives up in a mountain with other girls who get the 'sight' - the ability to predict the future. Unfortunately, she is older than all the other girls and does not get the sight, so she goes to work in the library where a dog comes alive.

She gets these magic bells that allows her to go into the afterlife where its like a really cold lake.

Basically with her dog and magic bells she has to go and save the world.

Its a series of 3 - 5 books. Aimed at teenagers. If you could help - it would make me so happy, any help, constructive suggestions will be appreciated :)

Sorry my description is a bit dodgy.

Thanks

Cavesloth

You're talking about the Ancient Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix.. the characters name is Lirael, though this is the second book in the series.. the book's also called Lirael. The first book is Sabriel, the third one Abhorsen.

I know and love these books, and am happy to finally be of help in one of these threads where someone's looking for a book. :)

You're talking about the Ancient Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix.. the characters name is Lirael, though this is the second book in the series.. the book's also called Lirael. The first book is Sabriel, the third one Abhorsen.

I know and love these books, and am happy to finally be of help in one of these threads where someone's looking for a book. :D

I was so excited when I first opened this thread because it's the first time I've ever know what book somebody was talking about! Unfortunately you beat me to it! :)

I love these books too!