Lynne Truss

Anika

Has anyone read, 'The Lynne Truss Treasury'?

I know this isn't a recent book since it came out in 2005, but I just picked it up a few weeks ago and I'm so glad I did. It's the first book in a LONG time where I find myself laughing--out loud--so hard, it hurts!! :) This collection is three novels and in the back a selection of her columns (the latter being where my hilarity is derived from mainly).

I've read the first novel so far, which is about the staff of an out-dated gardening magazine,(With One Lousy Free Packet Of Seed) and almost done with the second (Tennyson's Gift) about real-life literary figures in 1864 on the Isle of Wight, but then I flipped over to the back and began to read, Making the Cat Laugh (columns) and find myself a bit let down that this section isn't LONGER! :lol: Her observations about daily dilemmas and the ways she copes with being single again after the breakup of a longterm relationship are priceless.

I highly recommend this book, if you don't already have it. If you do, what are your thoughts on it?

I haven't read this one, but I remember reading Going Loco on holiday about 10 years ago and it was very funny. Always meant to pick up some more of her novels, but never got round to it. Going Loco has long since gone to the charity shop, but I might be tempted to pick up this anthology, as I could re-read it along with these others.