James Lee Burke

mortauchocolat

Muggle, I ordered The Tin Roof Blow Down, but I don't see any new Robicheaux listed on Amazon.

And yeah, I'd read about the movie sometime, and boy, wouldn't Tommy Lee Jones be perfect for Dave? :blush:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muggle, I ordered The Tin Roof Blow Down, but I don't see any new Robicheaux listed on Amazon.

And yeah, I'd read about the movie sometime, and boy, wouldn't Tommy Lee Jones be perfect for Dave? :blush:

I mislead you. the new book which will be out in July IS The Tin Roof Blow Down. I expect it to be a great book.

Tommy Lee Jones will play the part of Dave. check this out btw, a bit of funny by the master himself.

http://jamesleeburke.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2043

• 6 months later...

It is no secret that one of my favorite authors is James Lee Burke. I recently made a post on JLB's book forum and received a reply by JLB. :

muggle not

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have finished reading both Jesus Out To Sea and Tin Roof Blowdown. My expectations were high for both books and I was not dissapointed, excellent reading. My only problem was with Tin Roof Blowdown, I was furious with what happened in N.O. during hurricane Katrina and the lack of response by our Government. After reading Tin Roof I was even more upset. Thank you JLB for giving us great writing.

Jesus Out To Sea was also great reading. I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories and especially the Johnny Ace one. I could relate very well to it and one of my favorite songs is still, to this day, Pledging My Love.

jamesleeburke

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:22 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Muggle and Panjandrum for the kind words. "Johnny Ace" is one of my favorite stories in the collection as well. I hope one day to see it adapted for the screen.

Best,

Jim

• 1 year later...
I guess that y'all know that they are going to make a movie of JLB's book " In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead". Tommy Lee Jones I believe will be one of the stars and i hope they get Robert DuVall as another.

Muggle, I finally watched In the Electric Mist the other day, downloaded and rented it from Amazon, it was dynamite. Have you seen it?

John Goodman plays Baby Feet. heh, really good. :)

I have. I really enjoyed it. I didn't know you can rent from Amazon i24-8.jpg

Wasn't John Goodman great as Baby Feet? I had to almost laugh at him. One review I read said he over acted the part, but I don't think so, he was right on target.

Re Amazon rentals, yes, they have a player they call the Unbox, you download that for free, then you can download movies. Usually very reasonable, and it will stay on your computer for a specified time, up to 30 days, but once you start it, it'll disappear in anything from one to three days. I've used it 4 or 5 times so far, and have been satisfied.

• 11 months later...