Consisting of three books:

1. Dragon Prince

2. The Star Scroll

3. Sun-Runner's Fire

Sequel series : Dragon Star Again with three books

1. Stronghold

2. The Dragon Token

3. Skybowl

Similar series : None I can think of, but it's vaguely similiar to GRR Martin in the sense that it's less magic based and more focussed on people and their connivings.

Synopsis :

In a world ruled by Sunrunners, humans gifted with the ability to use sunlight to create fire and to communicate along long distances, the might of a warrior in the Desert kingdom is measured by his prowess at slaying Dragons. Zehava, the prince is particularily adept at the feat. However his heir Rohan finds the Dragons fascinating and abstains from killing them. When Zehava is killed by a Dragon, Rohan hunts it down, killing his first and only dragon. Now the Dragon Prince Rohan must battle foes of a different sort. The High Prince Roelstra of Princemarch seeks to bind his nation to Rohan's, ending the generations long rivalry between the Desert and Princemarch in a secret attempt to grab control of both nations for his heirs. But Andrade, the Lady of Goddess Keep where all Sunrunners are trained, and Rohan's maternal aunt seeks to bring forth a princedom ruled by Sunrunners by marrying Rohan to one of her students, Sioned.

Review:

Although the story is pretty different from most fantasy fiction in that there is no Dark Lord (whew), it does leave a lot to desire with Rawn's descriptions. Honestly, it's hard to keep stopping even midchapter. Rohan who hates violence turns out to have Gandhian philosophies at points. After the first book, the books move over years' worth, sometimes seeming more like a plotline than a novel. I am currently at book 3 and I certainly doubt I'll be picking up the second series or any more of Rawn's books.

Surprisingly enough the books involve little to do with dragons, atleast the first two are that way. In my opinion, she should have

progressed the sunrunner ability of being able to "talk" to Dragons earlier in the series.

Ruined the chance of being what Eragon too fails to be.

Rating : 5/10

• 2 years later...

As the proud owner of both these treasured trilogies, I just have to protest this five out of ten rating! :o

I find these books vivid and magical, an entrancing world where the characters, human and dragon, "good" or "evil", (or just a more normal mixture of both), made their presences felt throughout the stories - as real people.

If you ever feel the need to get-away-from-it-all, head for the Desert Stronghold, ("Dragon Prince") put on the boots of these characters, and enjoy your travels through both trilogies.. .

Edited by Booknutt