Brida by Paulo Coelho

sirinrob

I read this as part of my 'Round the World' reading challenge. The novel is set in Ireland, and concerns the search for knowledge by a young woman, Brida. She obtains guidance from a two teachers, but has to find out much for herself. The plot has some interesting twists and is well written. The author tells the story in his consummate manner.

Their are many spiritual concepts in the novel, many of which I had come across before. Some were presented in a form that was quite revealing and thought provoking.

I enjoyed this very much :D

• 2 months later...

Glad to see other people enjoying Paulo's work :)

And I'm also glad because you've mentioned it being well written,because most people who diss him say how his style of writing is very simple,and make it sound like a bad thing.Well,we all have different tastes :)

What I also liked about Brida was how,like most of Paulo's books,it's a bit like a fairytale,but still realistic.Realistic characters wanting to live in a specific,almost fairy tale-like world.Ok,I'm getting too emotional here,lol,so I'll stop now :smile2:

I'm intrigued by this one, and have nearly bought it many times. I've only read one book by Paulo Coelho before (Veronika Decides to Die), and I really liked that one, so might have to pay a trip to the library for this one now:)

I highly recomend it,especially if you've already read something else by Paulo Coelho and enjoyed it :smile2:

It's an easy read,and I especially loved the ending :D The story is rather romantic imo.

• 4 weeks later...
What I also liked about Brida was how,like most of Paulo's books,it's a bit like a fairytale,but still realistic.Realistic characters wanting to live in a specific,almost fairy tale-like world.

Indeed, very nice mix of fantasy kind of elements and realism.

I liked Brida, too. I got it as a present last Christmas and read it pretty fast. Like said, it's an easy read, very enjoyable. Still it gave me something to think about, the themes kind of touched me. And hey, I've always been secretly into all that magic and witchcraft stuff, so no wonder I liked the book.