The Big Bang Theory

Dimitra

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I watch it online when it's released across the pond.

It took a few episodes to get into when I first started watching; I found it kind of condescending and overly stereotyped - but it grew on me and now I really like it. I think the writing improved along the way.

It can be a bit hit-and-miss sometimes, but still generally good :D

Whoever does the research on the show is a genius. Every reference to an obscure comic-book or film is dead-on, and I have yet to argue with the television about which issue an event happened in. Even the "sciency stuff" (apparently) holds up, but without 'phoning up several friends to check their equations I wouldn't know for sure.

Thanks for starting this thread, Dimitra! It's by far my most fave show on TV right now :lol:. I own the first season but I'm not sure if the second has been released yet. I think Sheldon is my fave character, but Walowitz is so gross and hilarious at the same time I can't help but love him too. And the rest of the guys for that matter! :) The writing on the show is superb IMO, and I hope they get recognized in the future and start winning some awards.

The creators/writers of the show have both had some super-successful TV shows here in the US, including Two and a Half Men, Dharma and Greg, Grace Under Fire and Roseanne. Oh, and one of them (Bill Prady) did a bunch of Gilmore Girls episodes as well :D.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

As we seem to have a lot of fans here now, it seems the perfect time to bump this thread!

Who is your favourite character? I suspect many of you will answer the same as me: Sheldon! He's hilarious. :D

Feel free to share your favourite quotes and episodes here.

The Wil Wheaton episode that was on last night was excellent!

"Whea-ton!"

Coincidentally, this episode was repeated here just last night. I didn't watch the show from the beginning and have only seen sporadic episodes throughout. Nowadays it's on every weeknight, so I have a chance to catch up. :)

I love this show. I've got all five seasons on DVD or Blu-ray, when the sixth is released I'll get it too (well it might be a birthday gift!). I love the humour of the show. I don't have any favourite quotes, I like a lot of them. I don't have a favourite episode though I definately like some episodes better than others (for example I'm generally more interested in episodes that feature a lot of Sheldon compared with episodes about Leonard and Penny). I love the science aspect of the show, I can usually follow what they're talking about. I also love the geekiness, the focus on video games, science-fiction tv-series and films, comics, etc. My favourite characters are (don't read if you haven't seen season four yet and don't want to have something spoiled):

Amy and Sheldon. Some people don't like the show as much since more women were introduced, I think the show has gotten even better. They bring new humour, but they allow allow me to identify with them somewhat better than I can identify myself with the men in the show, sometimes.

Does anyone know where the UK is with showing the episodes? The rules say I can say things if it's been shown in the UK, I'm pretty sure they've shown the first few seasons (I watched some of it on my holiday there) but I'm not sure where they're up to (alternatively if you know the channel that shows it I could look it up on the internet perhaps, E4 or something?). In the Netherlands we've seen the first eight episodes of season six (I'm missed two unfortunately).

Anyway, this show is one of my favourite comedy shows of all time (it's a tie with a Dutch comedy show). I find Sheldon the funniest. The things he says sometimes.. I find that now and then I agree with him. The cool thing is that his friends are okay with how he is, they're still his friends. It's good to see that. I can be a little odd too sometimes (though not as odd as Sheldon) so this is a comforting fact.

It's on E4, and I think episode 10 is on tomorrow night. I've missed a few this season because I keep forgetting it's on, but I didn't think the earlier ones this series were as good as it has been in the past. It's still funny, and there are some good jokes, but it just seems to be more of the same. It needs a little refreshing I think.

I agree with you Raven that the first couple weren't a bit flat, but I loved The Re-Entry Minimization with Penny and Sheldon in the Pictionary incident, and the last two episode I thought were great.

My favourite characters are Sheldon, Leonard and Penny, but I like them all.

I posted one of my favourite Sheldon quotes the other day in one of the TV threads, but let's post it here for posterity too:

This movie baffles me every time we watch it. The instructions are very clear. Don't feed the Gremlins after midnight. Don't get the Gremlins wet. How hard is that?

I also love the episode where Penny gets three strikes against her, and both the scenes where she serves Sheldon his food at the Cheesecake Factory and when Sheldon wants to do his laundry are brilliant. :lol:

So much to love!

I think I'm actually just a little in love with Sheldon, which is weird because he's so completely asexual! I swear it's his mind that I'm attracted to, though! If it's for looks, then I would have to go with Raj - he's so gorgeous and so cute when he's completely unable to talk to women.