Louise in 2010

Louiseog

Have read:

New York Edward Rutherfurd 9/10

The Scarpetta Factor Patricia Cornwell (abandoned)

The Winter Ghosts Kate Mosse 6/10

Transmission Hari Kunzru 7/10

By the Tide of the Humber Daphne Glazer 6/10

The Curse of the Pogo Stick Colin Cotterill 8/10

The Glass Painter's Daughter Rachel Hore 7/10

The Brightest Star in the Sky Marian Keyes 7/10

I'm Not Scared by Niccolo Ammaniti 6/10

King's Daughter Christie Dickason 6/10

The Burn Journals Brent Runyon 6/10

White Nights Ann Cleeves 7/10

The Book Thief Marcus Zusak 7/10

Last Reminder Stuart Pawson 6/10

Strictly Love Julia Williams 6/10

The Best a Man can get John O'Farrell 8/10

Testament Alis Hawkins 8/10

The Last Kashmiri Rose Barbara Cleverley 8/10

Sail James Patterson 7/10

The Hidden Oasis Paul Sussman 6/10

Goodnight Sweet Prince David Dickinson

Reading now:

The Book of Unholy Mischief, Elle Newmark

To read next:

A Small Part of Me by Noelle Harrison

Blood Hounds Peter Lovesey

Under the Skin by Michael Faber

Merry Misogynist Colin Cotterill

Key: Purple from library

Edited by Louiseog

wow Louise .. that's a lot of books .. well done!

What did you make of 'The Winter Ghosts'? It was one of the books that I fancy reading over the winter. Also Marian's book? ... there is some talk that the newer novels are not up to the standard of her older ones.

wow Louise .. that's a lot of books .. well done!

What did you make of 'The Winter Ghosts'? It was one of the books that I fancy reading over the winter. Also Marian's book? ... there is some talk that the newer novels are not up to the standard of her older ones.

Winter Ghosts was OK, more of a short story than a book, set in the same place as Labyrinth and a similar format. Just needed padding for me.

I liked Marian's books, a lovely idea and a theme that was modern and not fluffy and light, I always like MK!

Winter Ghosts was OK, more of a short story than a book, set in the same place as Labyrinth and a similar format. Just needed padding for me.

I liked Marian's books, a lovely idea and a theme that was modern and not fluffy and light, I always like MK!

Thanks Louise .. I might pick up 'Winter Ghosts' from the library when they get it in then and not invest in a copy. I love Marian too, no other author can make me laugh as much and I love her in person too .. she's always great fun.

Hey Louise, nice to see you back!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Marian's latest book, i'm still waiting patiently for my turn on the library waiting list....

Lots of reviews recently saying she's lost her spark etc but I thought her last book, This Charming Man, was great - took me a couple of chapters to get into it but then i was totally hooked and liked it better than some of her earlier work so i'm looking forward to her newest one :)

• 9 months later...

Still blaming OFSTED although they did leave on 29th Jan.

Looking back wistfully at my organisation!

155 read so far this year.

Reading Val McDermid Trick of the Dark - above average thriller about a serial killer which has me gripped. 3.5/5

Ok, please define OFSTED..... :blush:

And.....155....wowzer!!

Simon Hall Death Pictures - second in a series about a TV crime reporter working sometimes with the police, liked the plot lots of twists and turns main characters are decent and good wins, always a winner for me.

Then Mike Gayle Wish you were here, boy chick lit really light and fluffy but left a few questions for me, not sure somehow where he wanted to go.

Hue and Cry Shirley McKay just started.

(can you tell I have laryngitis - sent home yesterday!)

Simon Hall Death Pictures - second in a series about a TV crime reporter working sometimes with the police, liked the plot lots of twists and turns main characters are decent and good wins, always a winner for me.

Then Mike Gayle Wish you were here, boy chick lit really light and fluffy but left a few questions for me, not sure somehow where he wanted to go.

Hue and Cry Shirley McKay just started.

(can you tell I have laryngitis - sent home yesterday!)

poor you :friends0: you need to dose yourself up and then snuggle up somewhere warm with some more books