Fifi's Fantastic Fiction & Other Assorted Books 2010

Fi.

Just finished Linger by Maggie Stiefvater which I absolutely loved! The continuing story of Grace & Sam, a new character called Cole (didn't think much of him) and more from Isabel - Jack from Shiver's sister. I can't really say any any more without completely spoiling the story so I'll just say I gave it 5/5 and I am now impatiently waiting for Forever to be released next summer :)

Hmmm ....I keep seeing Shiver pop up and Kookie has it on her shelves, do you think I'd like it Fi?

Current read - The Secret War by M F W Curran

For thousands of years a secret war has been fought between Heaven and Hell. Daemons and angels, vampyres and knights, clash for the future of mankind, and as the two sides wage war across the world, innocent people are caught up in the conflict – men like Captain William Saxon and Lieutenant Kieran Harte, two great friends who have recently survived the horrors of the Battle of Waterloo.

But now they face a greater struggle, against the daemonic forces of Count Ordrane, and the clandestine ambitions of the Vatican. They must try to survive assassination attempts, political machinations, epic battles on land and sea, and above all the power of a mysterious bronze pyramid – the Scarimadean – that brings everlasting damnation too all who come into contact with it.

Their only allies are an old man, a fading secret organisation in the Church, and an enigmatic warrior, who may hold the key not only to the friends’ fates, but to the fate of all mankind . . .

How are you getting on with this Fi? It does sound pretty good :D

How are you keeping lately? I hope you're well :friends0:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm ....I keep seeing Shiver pop up and Kookie has it on her shelves, do you think I'd like it Fi?

I think you might. I read it at the beginning of the year and gave it good marks. It is a light quick read, but kept me entertained I read it in a couple of days. My only issue was that there was not enough, action' so to speak for me. But that is just personal opinion, and I am looking forward to reading Linger.

@ Fi

have you read Burned yet? I noticed you read it for July reads. I have just finished Tempted. Becuase of the ending I have reserved Burned. I was not that keen on Tempted until the end. P.c and Kirstin cast really do know how to write endings so you wanna read the next book!

Charm, read Shiver a.s.a.p. - you will like it! If you don't, feel free to ignore all and any suggestions I ever make :doh::giggle:

CW, I have indeed read Burned and am desperately waiting for the next one - they always do the "this is one of those endings that mean you have to read the next book in the series" ending! I've enjoyed the whole series so far but there have been a couple of books that haven't quite as good as the rest. Still, I shall keep reading them, already have the next 3 preordered :giggle:

There are three more already in the pipeline!!! Holy Moley!

There have been a few where the books have not been great but the endings always leave me on tenderhooks and if I don't get the next one, then I feel like I have not finished a book :lol: