Rory Gilmore's Book List Challenge

AbielleRose

Nick Hornby sounds good to me, and it just so happens that the library informed me that the book has arrived at the library today :D

Well I think that seals it then! Nick Hornby it is!

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Lucy, I know I am a bit too eager at times to read another Rory book :D You guys need to tell me to hold my horses if and when I'm going overboard. I promise not to make any new suggestions after reading this one, I'll wait til as long as you guys need. I can always read the Rory books that you others have already read on my own.

Aw, please don't apologise Frankie! It's great that you put forward suggestions. It gets me all excited about reading the next book with everyone. :D Please don't stop!

Aw, please don't apologise Frankie! It's great that you put forward suggestions. It gets me all excited about reading the next book with everyone. :D Please don't stop!

I'm with Kylie! ;)

Thanks Kylie and Kate, but I think it's only polite to wait for others, I don't want to rush people and make them not to be able to join the reading when they haven't finished the previous one. After all, the more the merrier ;) Which I think you two also agree on, you're just over-eager like me :D

I'm with Kylie! :D

I third! It doesn't hurt to think about future reads. There's still plenty of time left to finish, but its good to plan ahead for those who plan to get the book from the library or something so they can reserve it if its out ATM. ;)

I had an idea: Do you think we should put up a list of the books that we've read as a group this year? I think it would be nice to look at the list at the end of the year and see what we've accomplished together :D The list could be on the first page of the thread me thinks.

That's a really great idea, Frankie! Do you want me to go back and modify the first post or should was ask the mods to add a new one?

Either way is good for me, but I think the thread might look a bit tidier if the list is on a separate post. You've been so good as to organize the lists before, would you mind taking care of that list as well? :D Kate, that's a good point about others not missing out ;)

Awesomness! I just posted the new list on the first page.

What would you all think about doing a poll regarding how all of us rate the book as a whole? I think it would be rather interesting to see an average of what everyone thought.

Edited by CaliLily

Awesomness! I just posted the new list on the first page.

What would you all think about doing a pole regarding how all of us rate the book as a whole? I think it would be rather interesting to see an average of what everyone thought.

Ooooh, definitely a great idea, I love it! How would one arrange that though?

There is a way to add a poll to the thread, but I'm not sure how we would go about adding multiple polls or if we even could do that. We could open up a thread for each book (4 total) and then ask the mods to delete them afterwards or we could just ask everyone to PM us with their rating if they wish to. I guess there are a couple of options, maybe we should vote on them. :D

There is a way to add a poll to the thread, but I'm not sure how we would go about adding multiple polls or if we even could do that. We could open up a thread for each book (4 total) and then ask the mods to delete them afterwards or we could just ask everyone to PM us with their rating if they wish to. I guess there are a couple of options, maybe we should vote on them. :D

Haha, maybe ;) Adding the multiple polls sounds really tricky and I don't know if that can be done anyways. We could also just post our ratings here and one of us could count the average rating from that and then it could be posted in the list of books read so far (it would also be sensible to post the number of people who've read the book).

My ratings are:

- Gone with the Wind 5/5

- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bront� 2/5

- The Crimson Petal and the White 2/5

- Wicked 2/5

Edit: We also need to consider whether to give 1-5/5 or 1-10/10.

Post 'em here it is then ;) If you want I can tally them all up and put the ratings after the books on the new post created on the first page. What do you think?

We can just do a rating of 1-5, it'll be easier to tally up.

My ratings are:

- Gone with the Wind n/a

- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bront� 5/5

- The Crimson Petal and the White n/a

- Wicked 4/5

(Aw, I've only read half of them? I'm such a bad Roryite :D )

Great idea! My ratings are:

- Gone with the Wind 5/5 (I didn't read it with the group, but it's one of my favourite books ever :D)

- Wuthering Heights 2/5

- The Crimson Petal and the White 4/5

- Wicked 4/5

I noticed Kate's borrowed The Bell Jar and I asked her if she'd like to read it with me as a mini group reading because I thought you others might have already read it and therefor wouldn't want to do it as a "regular" group reading. Abby's informed me she hasn't read it either and I thought it would be safest to ask you others if there are any other people who'd like to join us :D We'll read the Hornby book first but then we could do The Bell Jar. ;)

Edit: After Hornby and The Bell Jar I will need to have a little break myself because I'll be reading Miss Smilla -book for the reading circle for June and I know some of you are going to do the same.

I'm up for The Bell Jar. I think my sister has it so should be easy to get hold of.

My ratings:

Gone with the wind: 4.5/5 (If you want a round number make it 4)

Wuthering Heights: 2.5/5 (of 2)