More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another win at home again today :)

I don't like how Swansea are creeping up. And West Brom/Forest are fighting over second ;) Still got a game in hand over Forest though.

Dont fear Swansea..love them, embrace them, they want to be your friend :lol:

Out of all the teams near the top Newcastle are the one team that dont have to worry in my opinion

Relax:motz::lol:

I don't like to think about it :lol: But like I say, I really enjoy the championship matches because at least they stand a chance of winning. In the Premiership, there's no chance against the top teams, so there's no-one to even look forward to playing (although I do miss the Toon/Sunderland Derby).

I don't like to think about it :lol: But like I say, I really enjoy the championship matches because at least they stand a chance of winning. In the Premiership, there's no chance against the top teams, so there's no-one to even look forward to playing (although I do miss the Toon/Sunderland Derby).

Well if you would rather stay in the championship, Swansea will gladly take your place in the premiership for a season no problem at all :lol:

I say a season not because I think we would get beat every week, I think we could just about hold our own; but because the money the club could make from just one season in the premiership would do very nicely indeed. ;)

I have just seen the challenge by Gorka Pintado (swansea player) on Robbie Savage yesterday, what an absolutely crazy challenge. Robbie Savage is universally despised in these parts, so I wouldnt bet against someone having put the suggestion in Pintado's head to give Savage a kick during the game, Pintado is not the brightest. But he will be lucky to get away with not having a very lengthy ban for that.

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

The state on Wigan's pitch is disgusting, that should not be allowed in such a high level of football, they should be fined.

I wouldnt be suprised though to learn that they keep it like that on purpose to compensate for how god awfully **** they are.

My opinion is in no way swayed by the Roberto 'Judas' Martinez factor honest

It'd be great if a bobble on the pitch caused them to lose, they really deserve to for playing on a pitch like that, not only is it unprofessional but also dangerous for the players

It's like a sunday league pitch, infact i've seen better park pitches. I think they keep it like that on purpose, unless their groundsman is 9 years old and a bit slow.

I really really hope it's another 9-1 loss, Roberto Martinez deserves it for what he did to Swansea.

I am getting sick of seeing Mancini's dodgy, astonishingly bright scarf, it's like an extra limb. And Benitez's dodgy facial hair. It was a boring game, I had to concentrate on something else... bad idea!

I am getting sick of seeing Mancini's dodgy, astonishingly bright scarf, it's like an extra limb. And Benitez's dodgy facial hair. It was a boring game, I had to concentrate on something else... bad idea!

I saw him talking about that scarf in an interview a few weeks ago, he said he will always where it even during Summer; I think he thinks he's in Russia:lol:

Benitez has a bad beard but it's no competiton to Adrian Chiles, that is just wrong

And the scarf, maybe he is trying to cover one of those special collars the prisoners wear in the running man. "Finish in the top four or we detonate it."

I think he should lose the thing, it's bad enough now, let alone with the glorious sun bringing more attention to it, all I can think of when I think of Man City now is that scarf :) Haha maybe it is Ned, that probably is the actual reason :)

Wayne Roo.......err i mean Manchester United 3 - West Ham 0.

Seriously, that is the mans 19th goal in 19 games, 26 for the season so far, i'd hate to think where we would be without him this season. If he keeps playing in this kind of form right through the World Cup then England have a pretty good chance of winning the thing.

Well yea, but I would expect a team who are used to playing teams like Werder Bremen and who are used to playing at Champions League level to make light work of Swansea. But they were like a pub team.

I'm pretty sure they played most if not all their first team:

FC Twente: Boschker (Mihaylov 46), Kuiper (Heubach 46), Wisgerhof, Brama (Akram 46), Stam (Bannink 46 (Rukavytsya 54)), N'Kufo (De Jong 63), Perez (Tiote 46), Stoch (Chery 61), Douglas, Janssen, Vujicevec.

Subs not used: Hengelman.