• Announcements

• Hayley

Something Wicked This Way Comes...   10/09/2019

The Autumn Supporter Giveaway!       Welcome to the very first of the seasonal BCF supporter giveaways! This month also marks one year since I took on the forum, so I want to say an extra huge thank you to all of you for keeping this place going. I have a little bit more to say about that later but, for now, let's get to the giveaway!     The Autumn Giveaway winner will be getting two Penguin Little Black Classics, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe and To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens. Both of these little books contain three atmospheric short stories, perfect for autumnal evenings. The winner will also get Mary Shelley tea (a lavender and vanilla black tea) from Rosie Lea Tea's Literary Tea Collection (https://www.rosieleatea.co.uk/collections/literary-tea-collection) and a chocolate skull, to really get that spooky atmosphere .   and...   A special treat for a special month. The winner will choose one of the following recent paperback releases from the independent bookshop Big Green Bookshop:       The Wych Elm by Tana French A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan Melmoth by Sarah Perry The Familiars by Stacey Halls  The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White   The winner will be chosen via the usual random selection process in one week. Patreon supporters are entered automatically. If you aren't a patreon supporter but you'd like to join in with this giveaway, you can support here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.   I really hope you're all going to like this introduction to the seasonal giveaways. It's been a lot of fun to put together. Other chocolate skulls may have been harmed during the selection process…     
Lilywhite

More football

Games in our league are just starting to be rained off this morning, but we're still on at the moment.

Dan Nancarrow was one of our star players last season, scoring one of the goals that won us the cup. Unfortuantely he left in May to join our more illustrious neighbours in the Premier Division. Apparently he didn't enjoy it there and has returned home to us! Hooray!

Sadly he won't help us to retain the trophy, as he's now cup tied.

Fingers crossed we can win promotion with his help and see the return of our huge local derbys against St Blazey!

Fingers crossed for Andy's game today Inver.:smile2:

Nae footie. His game was still called off even though change of venue....waterlogged. No surprise really. He had it in his mind then to go down to Perth with a mate to see St Johnstone v Aberdeen, but they had a pitch inspection at 11am and same thing there. So they have gone to a pub to watch some other game on the telly....lol...either Liverpool or a Rangers game.

What's the difference between a taxi driver and Sunderland? The taxi driver only lets 4 in :smile2::lol: Sorry but I had to post that :yahoo:

Haha :smile2: I wonder what the heck happened to them, they have been doing well.

I feel sorry for Benitez by now. He looks worse than me and i haven't slept more than three hours since Wednesday :smile2: What the heck is going on at Liverpool??

:smile2: Because of his contract, if they sack him will he not get loads of money from them - millions? :yahoo: Maybe that's why he hasn't been sacked!

I suppose there is no point bringing in a new manager right now because they really don't have much to play for now anyway, well unless they give the Europa league a proper go, which i suppose they have to.

He is in a lucky situation, if he hadn't signed that contract, he'd have been out a long time ago, i wonder if he can turn them around, he'd have to come at least fourth and win the Europa.

Anyone know how to cancel an eBay bid? I bid on a Mickey Mouse outfit and I'm now minutes away from owning Liverpool FC

Rather than sack Rafael Benitez, Liverpool have deciced to offer him a 'job upstairs'.

Upstairs in the upper tier of the Kop, they need someone behind the pie counter

Liverpool...

Because Carlsberg accidentally sponsored a football team.

Apparently, from September, Liverpool's new sponsor will be Butlins.

Their season finishes in November too.

:smile2: The last one is great.

St Austell had a fantastic 2-0 win yesterday, with Dan Nancarrow scoring first. He hadn't scored for his previous club in 3 months, so obviously our club is where he belongs!

The pitch wasn't quite waterlogged, but the crowd were!

Good start for 2010 then Sedge....like the waterlogged fans...lol :lol:

Anyone know how to cancel an eBay bid? I bid on a Mickey Mouse outfit and I'm now minutes away from owning Liverpool FC

Rather than sack Rafael Benitez, Liverpool have deciced to offer him a 'job upstairs'.

Upstairs in the upper tier of the Kop, they need someone behind the pie counter

Liverpool...

Because Carlsberg accidentally sponsored a football team.

Apparently, from September, Liverpool's new sponsor will be Butlins.

Their season finishes in November too.

If you're going to rip us at least make it funny:

Sky Sports:

Liverpool fans bamboozled by reading. In other news Liverpool knocked out of F.A Cup by the Royals

Liverpool have apparently signed a lucrative sponsorship deal with GayTV. Apparently the GTV reps were delighted to be able to offer their viewers the chance of watching 11 ***holes get punished for 120 minutes.

NUFC only managed a draw last night :lol: was watching behind cushions at the end ;)

Will be watching BBC1 tonight though...although I'm more of a city fan myself :roll:

;) Well everyone's always against my team (well apart from Ben :lol:) so I thought I would object.

:roll: fair enough i suppose

:lol: I'll go hide until it's finished. I think it will be 3-1 to Man U. OK maybe there will be more goals but I think Man U will probably clinch it.

;) I'll go hide until it's finished. I think it will be 3-1 to Man U. OK maybe there will be more goals but I think Man U will probably clinch it.

:lol: hope you're right