More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone have a bet on Leicester at the start of the season?

I wish. The odds of them winning the league at the start of the season were something in the region of 5000/1. There was a story on the internet recently about a man who had a bet for them to be top of the league at Christmas who pocketed £10,000. I really hope they win the league this year, it's just the kind of kick in the pants the premier league needs.

I wish. The odds of them winning the league at the start of the season were something in the region of 5000/1. There was a story on the internet recently about a man who had a bet for them to be top of the league at Christmas who pocketed £10,000. I really hope they win the league this year, it's just the kind of kick in the pants the premier league needs.

Me too. Bookies are offering a cash out of £3,000 to a bloke who stands to win £25,000 on a £5.00 (little drunken) flutter. He's sticking it out.

Remember Gary Linekar showing the table twice when they were top after 2 or 3 games because he didn't think he'd see it again.

Hope they do it, not been a great season, some very poor games. As you said, a good kick in the pants for the 'glamour clubs'.

• 1 month later...

It's nice that Leicester are doing well and it would be nice if they win the premier league, but I think too much is being made of it. It's one of the world's richest clubs, with an established manager, good proven players and a project with the goal to enter in the Champions League. Their good performance doesn't prove money isn't everything in football, it proves that with enough money any well-run club can challenge for a major title. What I like most about it is that they kept players like Wes Morgan and Jamie Vardy, who have proven their talent when otherwise they might have never been in the elite.

Edited by woolf woolf

• 3 weeks later...

Yes....my home team Raith Rovers scuppered Rangers making sure of the league today, by getting draw in the last minute. They will  have to wait to try elsewhere now for a win.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't support Spurs so the nerves were fine but it was another crazy game. I have to admit that I wanted Ajax to win because I don't like finals involving 2 teams in the same league but it should be a great final anyway.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Messi, arguably the World's best (EVER) soccer player, made his U.S. debut Saturday night in NYC. My Granddaughter attended the game and made this video of Messi scoring a goal. The crowd went nuts.
(Turn your sound on)

Edited by muggle not