More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats USA!  :smile:   I couldn't stay up to watch it unfortunately, but I saw it was 2-0 after about five minutes, and I saw the goal from the halfway line on the news this morning  :D

USA WON THE WORLD CUP!! 

CJMqdUqUEAAOZaj.png

It was a great game!!! And special congrats to the two Seattle players, Hope Solo and Megan Rapinoe!!! :D

I enjoyed the womens footie....made a nice change. They all did very well....was a bit gutted to see the England girls miss out on the final (yes a Scot saying that about England), they were so unlucky. Well done getting there though.

For anyone else like me who has fond memories of England's performances at Italia 90 and Euro 96, and who didn't see it the other week, this was just brilliant:

• 3 weeks later...

And so the training has started....Andy and Culter Colts will now be in the U'19's league....here is hoping they have as good a year as last. It could be tough though as there will 17, 18 and 19's in the teams....hope they settle down to it quickly once the season starts properly mid August.

• 1 month later...

So the season has started....last weekend. Sorting out the leagues...Culter Colts now U'19's. Groups of 4 to sort out A & B league. They lost 5-0 to an A league team from last year, so no surprise. They had a great game today...local derby against Culter Boys's U'19s and won 3-1. Played well and worthy winners.

So Sedge has St Austell the mighty started a new season?

I've been neglecting the forum lately, but here I am.

The Austell got off to a rocketing start, not conceding a goal in our first four matches: 2-0,3-0,4-0 and 5-0. Then sadly the wheels came off with three straight defeats: 5-2,1-0 and 2-0. Our goalless run continued today with a 0-0 draw in our worst period for five years. Luckily nobody is running away with the lead yet so we're still only three points off the top. More striking practice required I think!

Good luck for the rest of your season Inver!

Oh bit of an up down start for you then. Andy has managed a few games for Glendale, before the 19's started but that will be it now as he will be concentrating on the coaching again, unless they have a free Saturday maybe. Here a season of lots of goal scoring for our lads both north and south... ;)

The video description says it's Sergi Oriol from Barca B U-12 side. Looks like another talent that may eventually come out of Barcelona's fabled La Masia facilities (not that we're short of those).

I don't know, La Masia have an impressive track record when it comes to future stars, including being responsible for the three Ballon D'or finalists in the same year (2010 I believe).

Edited by Ben

Sodden wet, windy day from start of finish at the U'19s game today....and the score was awful. They were playing the game to sort out the A & B leagues....they lost 2-10...! Played awful and they can't blame it all on the weather. 3rd choice goalie but you can't blame it all on him either. So looks like it will be the B league for them this season again. Hopefully they can finish top...we can dream.

Too busy watching the Davis cup doubles with the Murray bros to go to the footie, but Andy and the U'19's got and 8-1 win v the other Culter team today...and the sun was shining...! First league win of the season...one of many more to come hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that could have turned out better on Saturday....Andy and his U'19's were up 3-0...and then, bam, bam bam.....gave away 3 goals in 5 mins!! What the.....and then to top it all they lost 4-3....needless to say he wisnae a happy coach at the end. It should have been one of the easier wins of the season, considering they beat this team every time they met last season. Funny old game footie isn't it... :blush2:

So chuffed for my boy Andy today. His U'19's Culter Colts had a Scottish cup tie with the other Culter 19's today. The got a by through to this round and if they won means they get an away trip to the next national round to Glasgow. Well the played really well, keeping shape etc and really worked well as a team. They managed a 3-0 victory and are through to the next round.

Unfortunately there is a down side to all this. After all his years of coaching them this has been one of his ambitions to get them through these rounds and as fate would have it he won't be able to go. He will be in London for  a long weekend that was booked months ago in advance...(NFL American footie game at Wembley, to which he went last year with mates). Gutted for him, I didn't know whether I wanted them to win or lose today knowing he couldn't go with him. I so hope they do well Oct 31st, and get another win so he get to the next game.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Culter Colts U'19's had their Scottish cup tie in Glasgow at the weekend. After scoring first 1-0, we hope they could pull of a win and were sitting 2-1 down at half time.There wasn't much at all between the teams and were down 3-1 at one point, got back to 3-2 but went 4-2 down with 5 minutes to go. It wasn't to be, but they played really well and if anything actually deserved to get a replay.