More football

Lilywhite

Yeh two cups on the same day...difficult Sedge. Table looks good at the moment, boys sitting mid table (so are a lot of other on the same points), played 4, won 2 lost 2. At least they have scored a 2 more goals than they have lost 16/14. Game tomorrow night, but boy can't play, has another meeting to attend re Aberdeen FC community coaching.

He has enjoyed his 6wks of coaching summer footie camps footie, now come to and end as schools are back today. He had some great bunches of kids and a lot of fun. Hoping he can maybe get a few more hours now, or get his regular 2hrs he had before. He has also nearly got a part-time job Activity Leader with Sport Aberdeen (sports after school type of thing) subject to reference and Disclosure. The letter said he was the preferred candidate..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We picked up our first win of the season tonight (1-0 against a bottom 4 side).  We don't look convincing though - we'll need to step up a few gears to be in with any chance of the title.  Still, it's good to get off the starting line. :smile:

Hi everyone, I didn't expect to find a thread like this on a site. I'm a football addict I support Rangers and follow West Ham down here in England. Taking my wee boy up to the Rangers v Airdrie game in November for his first trip to Scotland :) Am so glad all the football has started properly now but could really do without Internationals, I'm definately a club over country girl!

Hi lizzi....welcome to the blethers on here. We talk all sorts of footie here. Are a fellow Scot?

Hoping for wins for us all this weekend Sedge! Andy and U'16's start this Saturday, bit of conflict though as they play at 2pm, same time Andy (and Alex assistant coach) is due to play too for Glendale. They are in the process of interviewing for another coach to help out on Saturdays for them, mean time some dads will have to do, although Andy is going to there first game, plus it is away from home. Fingers crossed they can perform well and get a win.!

Good luck to all of Andy's boys!

Tomorrow we're up against Ivybridge Town in 2nd place.  Strangely, going by last season's final table our positions should be reversed!  We've had a slow start, but I'm still optimistic.

Hi Inver, yes sort of ha ha. Was born in England to Scottish parents and brought up in Scotland and Germany so am a bit of mishmash lol. Spent many weekends travelling all over with my brother when he played up to semi professional level so I know how important parental support is to all kids!

Ah OK...you know about supporting then lizzi...lol.

So first game of the Culter Colts U'16's and needless to say the weather was as to be expected, pouring rain....oh how we have missed these wet afternoons on the sidelines. Shame they didn't get a win 5-2 defeat away from home, but Andy was well pleased with their efforts, considering they were playing against a team who where relegated from the 'A' league, there wasn't really that much in it performance wise, other team just luckier with their finishing. He had 3 new players in the team today too and they played well. Also has managed to find a new coach who was there today. He only interviewed him yesterday and he was the best candidate out of the 3 he has seen. He came along today too, we met him and seems good.

Glendale were missing Andy today as he was there with U'16's.....they lost 1-0 at home, in the rain. Only had 11 and really struggling for players this weekend.

We kept to our winning formula today - scoring early and hanging on by our fingernails for a 1-0 win.  We're also still holding onto summer down here - it's been a great afternoon!

• 2 weeks later...

We're up against Elburton Villa tonight.  Last season we finished 4th and they were 3rd.  As it stands we lie in 13th and they're 15th.  Hopefully we're both just slow starters!

Oops..forgot the update for last weekend. The U'16's had no game this weekend due to an odd number in the league so they were the ones to sit out. That was fine as it meant Andy and Alex (his assistant coach) could play their Glendale game. Was a local cup effort but unfortunately they were beat 2-1 (but Andy got the goal, I'm claiming it as my birthday goal which was Saturday) :smile: .

He will be away for 3 weeks on holiday to Canada so match reporting may be a bit quiet, however we will still be helping out with the U'16's delivery of equipment for games and training...hope he can come home to news of some wins.

Good stuff poppyshake!  Let us know how he gets on.

We've got a second bite of the Wembley apple today as we take on Sherborne Town in the 1st Qualifying Round of the FA Vase.  Sherborne play one league above us at the moment, but if things go well this could be a league fixture in 12 months time!

Oh Kay that is good news...keep us up to date.

How did it go Sedge any good news for us.

Andy away to Canada, so no footie playing for him for 3 weeks. Glendale beat yesterday 2-0 in local cup....and we were still on duty for the U'16's despite him being away as we have all the gear/kit etc for games. A game he hoped they would win, but after playing well and getting it to a 2-2 near full time they unfortunately let another goal go in and final score 3-2. He would have been pleased with their performance.

Fingers crossed next week as they have their Scottish Cup tie against Cove who are a league above them!

Our brilliant run of clean sheets came to a spectacular end this evening with a 4-4 draw.  We led 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2, but conceded 2 in the last 5 minutes.  It was disappointing to drop those points, but what a game!