More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8495604.stm

John Terry stripped of his England captaincy

Completely deserved. I know Ferdinand isn't exactly an angel, but definitely an improvement on that guy, great player but not exactly a brilliant person.

Completely deserved. I know Ferdinand isn't exactly an angel, but definitely an improvement on that guy, great player but not exactly a brilliant person.

I'd have given it to Rooney to be honest, but yes he doesn't deserve to lead the team, who'd trust him now anyway :roll:

Well I think with Rooney there is the fear of it being a burden on him and strikers often don't make great captains, well Shearer and Raul have been great so maybe not, i don't know if Rooney would blossom from that role, he is a natural leader in many ways, but i am still unsure as to his temperament in such a position.

I am glad Terry is no longer captain. He's a good player but ultimately when he has to bring together a team of players with his past discretions, I can see why it would create a rift. I think he's a prize idiot anyway, but then I don't think much of Rio nor Gerrard, the latter who is pretty much cut from the same cloth as Terry (in terms of being a thuggish).

I honestly don't know who would have made a good captain out of the rest, Rooney would have probably buckled under it and got too fired up. Robert Green maybe, he seems to keep himself to himself (unless I've missed something major) but I wouldn't classify him as a leader as such.

Way to go Sedge...you guys are on a roll at the mo! We can't even get a game...lol.

You must have quite a backlog there Inver! It's bad enough down here (some teams have to play twice a week every week until May), so you're probable in for a busy few months!

My lot - Sheffield United - are away to Preston North End this evening. Oh, what joy :D

Kinda worried where our season is going. Losing Kilgallon was a nightmare in the transfer window. We need to steady the ship, regel the team, and then pray we can get the results between now and the end of the season to keep us in the Play Offs.

Then, if the miracle did occur, play better than we did against Burnley last year in the Play Off Final...

My lot - Sheffield United - are away to Preston North End this evening. Oh, what joy :D

Kinda worried where our season is going. Losing Kilgallon was a nightmare in the transfer window. We need to steady the ship, regel the team, and then pray we can get the results between now and the end of the season to keep us in the Play Offs.

Then, if the miracle did occur, play better than we did against Burnley last year in the Play Off Final...

I don't think you have anything to worry about, my lot - PNE - are playing pants and the mo. I don't think they want to get to the play offs this year :D

We played PNE last Saturday, they were absolutely awful. Literally did not get one shot on target all game!

I see they are beating you at the moment, oh dear:tong:

:D I'll hold you to that :lol: There's three teams going for the top two spots at the minute and its pretty close :D At the moment Forest's losing so heres hoping :lol:

Newcastle are actually playing my team Swansea this coming weekend in Swansea, it's live on Sky as well.

Should be an interesting game:lurker:

Newcastle scare me, two of their players are worth more than Swansea's stadium!

Edit: 3-0 lol

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit
To laugh at Stephanie :D

My prediction would be 2-1 to PNE tonight if I'm honest. We don't seem to have much joy at your place. But we'll see :D

Aww never mind crazyblade, seems my team decided to play football tonight - just wish they would play every game as if they want to win :lol:

Well done on predicting the score though :D