Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Bettyboop33

I have recently just read Shiver; it was written by Maggie Stiefvater I really loved this book after I read Twilight last year I found I had a thirst ( I think I'm funny) for reading and it took a while to find books that I liked but I fell in love with The House of Night and now Shiver. :D I'm currently reading the host and am then going to start the Harry Potter series for the first time ever.

Has anyone else here read Shiver and did they fall in love with it like I did?

Edited by Kell
Added capitals and punctuation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read 'Shiver' at the end of the last year and really enjoyed it, a different kind of look at the werewolf genre.

:D

Edited by Weave

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I enjoyed it a lot when I read it a couple of months ago. The follow up, Linger, is due out in the UK later this week, and will definitely be getting it as soon as I can! (It's already out in the US, not sure why there is a need for staggered release dates :D)

Linger was meant to be out on July 7th here (according to my old Amazon pre-order email) but it got delayed until this week for reasons unknown, I had to make myself be patient and not order it from the US!

Linger was meant to be out on July 7th here (according to my old Amazon pre-order email) but it got delayed until this week for reasons unknown, I had to make myself be patient and not order it from the US!

Maggie's just tweeted that amazon.co.uk have it "In Stock" now instead of "Pre-order"

I'm really looking forward to Linger too :)

Great minds think alike ladies, I am looking forward to it too, its due for release on the 21st July 2010 (I pre~ordered it) and woe betide amazon if they change the date! :D

Edit: Amazon is safe! I just checked and my copy of 'Linger' is being dispatched soon. :D

Edited by Weave

Maggie's just tweeted that amazon.co.uk have it "In Stock" now instead of "Pre-order"

I've just seen that myself!!! I dashed over to Amazon to check my orders and it says dispatched!!! Good news indeed as I'm getting tired of avoiding spoilers :)

I've just seen that myself!!! I dashed over to Amazon to check my orders and it says dispatched!!! Good news indeed as I'm getting tired of avoiding spoilers :)

Ladies, say it with me ~ good times!! I am going to read 'Shiver' again :D

Ladies, say it with me ~ good times!! I am going to read 'Shiver' again :D

Great minds think alike!!! I just took my copy of Shiver off the shelf :)

I'll definitely be visiting Waterstone's to get my copy this week! Shiver was one of the better YA supernatural books I've read, and I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on Linger! Avoiding spoilers has been a nightmare :)

I know it has been torture, looking forward to reading all of your thoughts ladies :D

Great minds think alike!!! I took my copy of Shiver off the shelf :)

Yes indeed hen!, I haven't taken mines from the shelf because I did not want to jinx it and then the date of release was changed :D